“Fantastic Modern Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Modern Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend and I was very impressed.
The staff were very friendly, well groomed.
Rooms very modern and lovely high ceilings.
Bed very comfy and loads of towels in the bathroom. Some hotels can be very tight with that.

The food in the restaurant was of good quality and the Harry's bar great. Lovely cosy atmosphere. Live piano player. Great cocktails. Had a couple of frozen daiquiris. Best ever!

Unfortunately there were a couple of negatives that I don't really want to bring up......
The hotel was far to hot! I turned my heating off in the room but the lobby was unbearable.

Out of about 50 tv channels There was only one English One, BBC world news.
You can only watch so much news. I know we are in Germany but not all of us speaks understand German and it is a international branded hotel. Few extra decent English channels would be good. And not just news.
Little bit disappointed in the bar, I asked the bartender for a menu and I got a response of they lie around in the bar. So I have to look for one. So I had to walk around to find one in the busy bar.

Minor negatives......

Still really enjoyed my stay and would give this hotel 5 stars.
Keep it up!! But get some more English channels please........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonPelikanHotel, Administration at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear attie1000,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your words of praise and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the missunderstanding at our bar . I will follow up immediately and I would like to assure that this was an exception and does not represent the standard service at our hotel.

We certainly look forward to your return visit to the Sheraton HAnnover Pelikan Hotel. Thank you once again for allowing us to be your host.
Best regards,

General Managers Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

In a small development this hotel is ideally situated for easy acces to the motorway but also to city centre.
The rooms on the first floor have been renovated and are very attractive and well furnished. Small rooms but with every comfort. I understand the next two floors will be renovated in the future.
Parking garage available. Directly opposite the entrance is Harrys bar which is a nice place for an evening drink. Breakfast was very good although as usual very expensive at €21

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jana1983, Direktion at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Dutch 1505

It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you for your time writing and sharing your opinion. I am proud about our friendly and efficient service provided of our team. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon when in Hannover next time.

Best wishes

General Managers Office
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am frequently in Hannover on business and have stayed at a variety of hotels: the Sheraton Pelikan is the most comfortable so far. We had asked for a quiet room and were somewhat concerned when the receptionist offered an (executive) room on the ground floor. It turned out to be an excellent choice with very high ceilings and tall windows which made the room feel much more spacious than its dimensions would indicate. Loud music from the hotel's health club across the courtyard was annoying but when I called the desk, they said they would have it switched off, and within 5 minutes they did. The free wifi was quick and reliable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The building, the former Pelikan pencil factory, presents some interesting architectural details and provides a very pleasant ambience removed from the generic feeling of most modern hotels.

The hotel is well located and a short walk from one of the most beautiful wooded city parks I know. Public transportation - the city's trams line - is close by and the two times I needed a taxi, it arrived within minutes of being called. At the conclusion of work, we had celebratory dinner in their fine restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Finem50
Jana1983, Administration at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Finem50,

thank you for reviewing our hotel via TripAdvisor.

I am going to forward your compliment to our team!

We hope to convice you again with your next stay at Sheraton Hannover.

Kind Regard

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Living up to the service level of Sheraton hotels in the US- it did not disappoint. The hotel is located in the hold Pelikan pen factory. Extremely good customer service. We got into Germany from the US at 9:00 am. The staff did what they could and got us into our room by 10:00 am- outstanding!

Room Tip: Get a room on floors one through three as the rooms on the forth floor require taking the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear gabrielmurphy,

thank you for your nice compliments. I forwarded them to the hotel team.

We are happy to convince you from the great Sheraton-Service in every country in the world!

Best wishes from Hanover, Germany

Kaliningrad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed there 2 short trip (1 night each), on the way to vacation. Easy find hotel with GPS (traveling by car). The hotel staff very friendly and helpfull. We're booked cheapest room without breakfast, but were suggest via email, paid 40 euro and get free breakfast + 1000 starpoint + lounge access. Lounge are not really for relaxation like in Poznan or Moscow (Sheraton). But you can get some light baverage and drinks (beer, juice, cola) during the opening hours (till 22 or 23). The room are well designed + Nespresso machine in the room (I love it). We got an upgrade to Junior suite our second stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jana1983, Assistant to Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Anatoly2381,

Thank you for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I will forward your compliment to the whole hotel team.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Kind regards
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The old Pelikan pen factory has been converted into a hotel. IT has some odd location pillars. This is a very quirky hotel but in a nice sort of way. There is a certain peaceful calm around the property which I really enjoyed. After visiting Hanover for many years this will now be my hotel of choice for my next visit

I stayed in the club room 125. This was a very spacious room and the aircon was very effective. The club lounge is not even worth a vist. Very quite room located at the bottom of the hotel.

Room service menu is limited. Ordered the cheese burger, which was just ok. For good food step out of the hotel into the Italian restaurant next door .."12 Apostles"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sumeet V
Dear Sumeet V,

I would like to thank you for your nice comment regarding your stay at the Sheraton Hanover Pelikan Hotel.

It is wonderful to see you enjoyed your time spent with us and that you especially liked the character of the former pelikan factory.

I hope you had a pleasent and safe journey back to Dubai and the team of the hotel is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Sao Paulo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Whe surprised when close the acount... 160 euros extra comsumption...
20 euro each breakfest ! So expansive, they dont say nothing...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eduardo H
Dear Eduardo H,

Thank you for constructive review and for your important comments regarding your stay at our property.

First of all I need to apologize for all the circumstances that made your stay uncomfortable and that we did not meet your expectations.

The issues you describe in your mail do not meet the standards of our Hotel and rest assured that I will take this opportunity to discuss the processes in detail with the responsible department heads.

Dear Eduardo H, I am not able to make the mentioned mistakes not happened, but I am very thankful for your comments, as I am taking all opportunities to improve services to our guest.

I would be very happy, if you would give us the chance to show you, that the Sheraton Pelikan Hotel Hanover is able to meet all your expectations in a high class hotel.