“PRE-PAID RESERVATION AND STILL MADE ME PAY”

Concorde am Leineschloss Hotel
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip. I had to say that facilities were OK and the location pretty good.

Unfortunately, the service provided by the man at the reception was horrible.

My company booked the hotel through an authorized travel agency and they told me that the entire reservation had been pre-paid prior my arrival.

I asked the recepcionist when I checked in and even showed him a document that I had as a proof of the pre-payment. He did not buy it and double checked it. Right after told me that I was wrong and that I had to pay.

Since I was going to be there for a week, I made my company aware of the situation and they took the proper actions together with travel agency. At the meantime I kept asking them about an update of my situation and they did not even take the time to go over the hotel email inbox to check for new documentation sent by my company / travel agency.

When I checked out they made me pay but the worst thing is yet to come:

ONCE I GOT BACK THE TRAVEL AGENCY WAS IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE HOTEL AND THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL CONFIRMING THAT I WAS GOING TO RECEIVE THE PAYMENT.

IT'S BEEN ALREADY TWO MONTHS SINCE THAT HAPPENED AND STILL HAVE NOT SEEN MY 400 EUROS.

SO BASICALLY IT SEEMS THAT THE HOTEL HAS CHARGED THE STAY TWICE (TO ME AND TO TRAVEL AGENCY) AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

WATCH OUT IF YOU ARE ON A BUSINESS TRIP.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Toniensen

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with good location, close to bars, restaurants and shopping centre. Staff were friendly and room was clean although very hot. Breakfast was very nice, but no English breakfast tea which was a shame.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to meet some people at the electronic show in Hannover, Germany so I booked this property because they were staying there. No other reason. It was less expensive booking via the hotel site then through one of the travel sites that was recommended to me.

This property required full pre-payment which is always awkward as you're locked in regardless. When I arrived I got a room on the smoking floor even though my booking requested otherwise! At the end of the hall it wasn't so bad but don't bring your cat, you won't be able to swing it in this tiny accommodation.

The hotel is in the city center and convenient if you're looking for walking around and shopping but the church next door will ensure you're up at the crack of dawn by ringing the bells every FIFTEEN minutes. Close your windows and bring ear muffs...

Generally this is a quaint location but tired in presentation. The staff are nice enough but typical take it or leave it you find in German hotels as they don't really get hired for their personalities. The internet was not working and believe it or not I was the only one who reported it at 2:10AM. The night manager did come up and tried for me but was convinced something was wrong with my laptop. So, in the morning, the early staff called tech support who took most of the day trying to get things going. They charge EU4.50 for 24 hours which isn't bad but for a business location it should be free and faster. They also limit you to 500MB so you're shut out when you reach that which is caused by any video or skype type conversations.

I have a tough time saying negative things about this property as there are many positives such as the breakfast restaurant, location, friendly staff. Yes, there is a but....... But, it just seems like you have to pull teeth in these smaller hotels where they ignore the do not disturb, don't really offer solutions when things go wrong and certainly never compensate you. Heck, it's the German way! you should be happy you got a room...... Seriously, in the future I would not rebook this hotel simply because of the inconsistant offering there. I like things in order and they were not at this property.

Bring soap and shampoo if you're going there as they only offer a liquid soap in the shower and watch your head going in and out.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors and try to get one facing the front for the view, even though you'll be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RalphDailey
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Service was very good and the rooms were as expected, very clean and will be back

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have stayed there few times, last time last week. The best advantages are great location, great breakfasts and nice staff. Rooms comfortable, clean. The only disadvantage is extra paid internet connection. Generally I would reccomend. Prices at good level.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mada2010
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We were pleased with every aspect of this hotel--the room, cleanliness, friendliness of
staff, great breakfast, location, price It is a winner!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for New Year's Eve, and my 30 Birthday. Great price, both times I stayed there, it was less that 100 euros a night. Great location. Near all the shops, restaurants, and train/underground stations. There is a really nice Irish bar right next door, "The Dublin Inn". The room was a good size. Very clean and they do accept pets. I would recommend trying to get parking space on your own around the hotel as they charge close to 10 euros to use their parking garage. Overall a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends