“would definatly consider again... but..”

and 1 more site!
Maritim Grand Hotel Hannover
Ranked #77 of 160 Hotels in Hannover
Essex, England
“would definatly consider again... but..”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

we stayed at this hotel in Nov 09 during the Agritechnika show at the main exhibition grounds - the proximity to the grounds isn't a issue as there are excellent public transport links there from the city centre. This hotel I found to be clean and tidy, and the staff were incredibly helpful. However my advice is don't eat in the hotel - not because of poor food - but because the food is very pricey! Breakfast was (from my recolection) about 19 euros. But why spend this much when the market hall is right behind the hotel, where you can get practically everything you could ever want at about a quarter of the price. Also there are several resturants aound (because of the close proximity of the city centre) which are excellent.. We had a wonderful view of the New Town Hall which is a amazing building to look at - however I do pity people on the other side of the hotel, as the views are poor. This hotel may be really ugly to look at, but is great inside - and we definatly recommend the cocktail bar (although this too is expensive)! Jaegermister anyone?? would definatly stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Location is great, nearby city centre and not too far from the Messe. Other than that, not a hotel I would recomment anybody. The beds are so hard that you wake up more tired than before. The walls are thin, the decor very old-fashioned and staff doesn't speak very well English. The piano bar didn't play a tune (small space in the lobby) and there is no ambiance at all. And internet costs €18 per hour!!!
For this hotel prices there are better alternatives in town!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Hannover hotels

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 16, 2008

My company booked me in this Hotel for 6 days during CeBIT 2008. Based on the tripadvisor reviews and the positive reputation of the Maritim chain, I was looking forward to this stay. What a disappointment! First of all, the architecture of the Hotel is absolutely horrible as described in previous reviews. You would expect such a concrete monster built in the late 60s somewhere abandoned in East-Germany but no - it is actually in downtown Hannover. This location aspect is actually the only positive thing that can write about this facility as it is just in front of the townhouse of Hannover and in walking distance of the rest of the city center. In the lobby, there is a late 80s atmosphere - in a negative sense as you find worn-out carpets, really old furniture in a dark environment. The friendliness, competence and effectiveness of the reception staff can be described as average. I reserved a non-smoking room: When I arrived on the 5th floor, I could already smell the smoke and some other unpleasant odors that I will not further define. The room itself was a shock: Worn-out carpet, scratches all over the place: you could see that actually nothing would fit with each other color-wise (bed, curtains, sheets and furniture). The armchairs were damaged. The cleaning job was really poor - particularly in the bath room. All in all this hotel experience did not qualify against even basic quality standards of a 4 star hotel. This is really the most negative review that I have written on Tripadvisor - I do not recommend to stay at this Hotel as you will not find value for money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank GAP15
Cairns Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in October 2007. It was my first visit to Hannover and what a pleasant surprise. Very good quality hotel with very good staff who all share a great attitude towards guests. The room I had was a Standard Queen Double and it provided almost all that I needed. Broardband a good range of English Television channels and at $111 AUD plus tax via Hotels.com at this time of year is amazing value. Breakfast is not included but it is well woth that additional cost.
Not in the room:coffee and Tea making facilities, Iron and Ironing board and a do not disturb sign.

A very good hotel andd I market Australian accommodation and tours so I think I know a good one when I find it. Enthusiastically recommended.

It is a 5 Euro cab fare from the Railway Station.
If I come back here sometime I will stay here again for sure.

Ron Livingston
Cairns Australia

• Liked — The overall stanard and staff
  • Disliked — Not having an ironing board
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Great location! Walk to everything!!!! (restaurants, transportation, bars/clubs, and fitness center). This hotel looks ok from the outside, but once you step foot inside the warm & friendly staff & decor more than makes up for the simple exterior. The service was amazing!

Free breakfast and a very large food spread is available for all types of people.

Other food options with-in a 5 min walk:
Old Markthalle – lots of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Italian Restaurant – can’t remember the name but its fantastic freshly made real Italian fare located right across the street from the Old Markthalle (look for the two Italian flags).

Next time I am in Hannover I will definitely stay at the Maritim Grand Hotel.

• Liked — Location is close to everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2006

This was my first trip to Hannover. It was a business trip for about 5 nights. Location is central within Hannover. For those that like to walk/jog, two very large parks are nearby. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast. Dinner can be pricey, or you can walk down the street 1-2 blocks to a cafe or other joints back behind.

Don't expect AC in the room, but then again, you probably won't need it (I didn't). Rooms were clean. As is typical for the region, no iron and no bar soap.

I had a problem with my passport while there (my fault), and the hotel staff was extremely helpful, going out of their way for me.

If you use taxis to get around Hannover, there is always a line of them out front ready to whisk you away. I did find that one of the local cab drivers, when I arrived at the airport, didn't know where the hotel was, so it was a good thing that I had the address with me. BTW, don't expect local cab drivers to speak English.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No AC could be a problem in high summer
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a written copy of the address with you. Explore the parks and pubs nearby.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank brian796
Dublin
Reviewed October 6, 2006

I booked this hotel based on its location and also the positive reviews posted on Tripadvisor. The staff were so nice and could not have been more helpful. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view of the Town Hall. I was having trouble trying to use the internet and one of the staff kindly offered to research what I wanted for me on the hotels internet, and printed out what I needed. Location is fantastic and you can get a wonderful breakfast in the Markthalle two minutes from the hotel. I would love to go back to the hotel again.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple