“A Great Place in Hannover”
Review of Hotel Loccumer Hof

Hotel Loccumer Hof
Ranked #22 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by the staff at CeBIT, and I stayed here while attending that trade show. The hotel is a short walk to the rail station where we could catch the U-Bahn to the fairgrounds. My room was clean, the WiFi worked as it should, and the hotel was quiet and comfortable. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

The hotel serves a very nice breakfast that goes beyond the usual fare. The feature a international theme each morning, so you can find things like chili and tacos on Mexican day, although with the things you might normally eat for breakfast. The eggs were good, as was the bread and breakfast meat. The pastries conspired against my diet. Perhaps most important, they make good coffee.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wayne R

Reviewed August 12, 2012

There wasn't anything special about this hotel. I can only say one positive: it was really close to the central rail station of the city, a walking distance of about 4'. I stayed there only for 1 night and I 'm happy, I didn't have to stay there longer. The reason for that: the small room. I have seen a lot of single rooms, but this must have been the smallest one ever. I could barely move in it and I 'd better not describe, how difficult it was to take a shower...
PS: I didn't take any breakfast there, so I can't judge it. I can only say, that they overprice it, I think, and that's why I didn't book it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank vasoulinho
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend in March 2010. I think we were upgraded to a themed room (The African One) as I'm sure we only paid for a normal double so that was a pleasant suprise. Very spacious room with a large double bed, 2 sofas, coffee table and desk and chair and large bathroom with heated floor and his and hers sinks. The only thing I would say that could have improved it was a bath as the bathroom was big enough to accommodate one.
Plenty of shops, bar and resturants around so we didn't use any of the hotels facilities apart from the bedroom. Great location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff of the hotel was very polite and nice, the room I had was really small and the bed was a single bed, the hotel is making renovations so I hope it will improve its quality. Breakfast was ok but average. No a/c so if it's summer the room will be very hot!
The price was too high for what the offer.

Room Tip: Tell the staff of the hotel if you wish to have a big bedroom, single rooms are too small and you al...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2012

When in Hannover I usually stay at the Suite Hotel, but during my recent visit the Loccumer Hof was about three times less expensive (on a special), and since it was roughly the same distance from the train station as the Suite Hotel, only on the other side, closer to the city centre, I decided to give it a try. It wasn't a bad choice, my room was large and had lots of amenities, although no tea and coffee making facilities. Worst of all, there was no air conditioning nor even a fan, which is a big challenge when you are in town during a heatwave. I had requested a double room but got a twin instead, not that it really mattered, although the beds were rather narrow. The overall feel was more that of a unit than a hotel room, which made a nice change. The bathroom was on the small side and the pre-fabricated shower cubicle was so tiny that you didn't need to worry about falling should you slip on the slippery floor. There was free internet access, although it drove me mad having to install a browser each time I wanted to log into my emails. The hotel is on a main road, but the windows are double-glazed, so there is not much noise from the cars and trams travelling along the road from the station past a big shopping centre and a police station towards the notorious Steintorviertel where you will find an after-hours convenience store about 200 metres from the hotel. There are a variety of restaurants in the area, but you can also breakfast, lunch and dine at the hotel - at hotel prices. Staff are cheerful and friendly and will do their utmost to make you feel at home. You could easily spend a few relaxing days at the Loccumer Hof, just avoid visiting during a heatwave.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lutzy
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, 2 different single rooms for same price, while one nicer another one withoout carpet, smaller bathroom, noisy ventilation, broken access point for computer.

Clean rooms, good standard and nice location, just about 5 minutes to walk from main train station.

Staff was a bit messing - while I payed for minibar one day, another day they ask again to pay what I did pay already, they promise to come to repair access point in 5 minutes but nobody came ever.

Breakfast included and fine, but coffee was more like rain splashes, not really nice smelling coffee.

It is not clear what level (category with how many strars) hotel it is, if this is ** hotel, than very good, if *** medium, if more then I have seen much better ones.

For price I payed (about 76 E/night) it was ok, but it was discounted price, as they did say regular price is about 110 E and then it is too much.

In this category I do expect price level up to 60 E for single private room.

Room Tip: A/C unit may make noise on some rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paddler_Hostel
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here from 1st - 4th Dec to visit Christmas markets. Hotel is a 3 min walk from the station and very easy to find (turn right from the main station entrance and follow the road, hotel is on the right hand side).

Between the hotel and the staion is a large shopping centre which also contains plenty of places to eat. Christmas markets and old town are 5-10 mins walk away.

Hotel is excellent - rooms are spacious, modern and clean. Only downside is that like most german hotels,they do not have tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. The staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on a main road so rooms can get a bit noisy, ask for a room away from front.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family