“convenient and friendly”

Ranked #4 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
Bristol
“convenient and friendly”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed at this hotel a few times now, they have a free shuttle service from the airport terminal to the hotel although it is within walking distance. The staff is always very helpful and friendly.

The rooms are always clean and well maintained. I used the swimming pool and sauna facilities, must say that the pool is nice for a splash but not so good if you are, like me, a keen swimmer as its not very big and most of it quite shallow. The sauna was adequate.

In the lobby there is also free public internet access. The breakfast is rather expensive but it does provide a good choice.

I would recommend staying there, it can prove a little pricey but still, its a good way to relax before going back home.

Will stay there again

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
East Kilbride
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel is situated about 5 minutes walk from the airport. It is not very remarkable , good or bad. The staff are very helpful and friendly but the rooms are dated and my room was pretty smelly with stale tobacco smoke. Not much option on the TV provided if you don't speak German or don't want to watch Pay TV only BBC World News. Although my company was paying I thought 18 Euros was far to much for breakfast when all you want is juice , coffee and a bread roll with cheese.

Room Tip: You have to ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jimbhoy1
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 25, 2010

First time I stayed in this hotel.
I must say, even if I only stayed here for one night, the whole experience was very nice and comfortable.
Upon arrival we were swiftly helped by the person behind the desk, no problems whatsoever with the reservation. Immediately were given the priority club upgrade to a larger room.
In the room, everything looked also in order, cleanliness was nothing to complain about.
The room was quiet enough to sleep in, no noise from outside was heard.
A good thing was also the free airport shuttle we could use to go to the airport, saving us dragging suitcases through the snow. A big plus I would say.
I will certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My biggest complaint about this hotel was the fact that my hotel room was very smoky. I actually changed out of the first room I had, and the second room I got was still pretty smoky. The room was nothing to write home about, and the Internet is a rip off, I some how got charged $22 for wi fi...a complete joke. Especially for a nicer hotel, this should be included. Pro is that it's close to the airport, and the shuttle is free.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AGRandy
France
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I just came back from a business triop in Germany, and Iam usually very laid back and open minded, but I feel I have to say something about this horrible place.
Basically for a 4 star hotel you'd expect much much more than really basic services.
I have a priority club card, and usually whenevr I travel I stay at Holiday inn hotels (but this is my first in Germany). As a cardholder, I always get something extra: room upgrade, free drink or free breakfast, etc. Here you get NOTHING. Worse, i got a room right in front of the elevator doors. (Always nice to be awoken at 2 am by loud people going back to their rooms)
The room is decorated with frames with ugly flower paints. You would not expect this from a so-called 4 star hotel.
The toiletries are non existent and have been replaced by distributors mounted on the wall. Even in Ibis hotels (2 stars) you get free toiletries, but here nooooo
The internet is NOT free (it is in every Holiday Inn in the US). 7 euros an hour. ..The connection stopped working after 10 mins. I called the front desk and they said "yes it's not working and it won't be fixed until tmorrow" I didn't hear the word "sorry" . I even had to ask if it would still be billed to my room...
Not having internet access was more than very inconvenient as I had to send emails for work...
Apart from the elevator noise, you can also hear what's going on in nearby bathrooms. bad luck if one your neighbours decide to have a bath late at night. Feels like the water is running right next to you.
The TV set seemed to be as old as my grandmother. The remote control batteries were also close to death.
When I checked out, I was surprised to hear that my coworkers who had stayed in another room had used pay per view and we owed them 5 euros. I was very surprised (we never do this) and when I asked more details they refused to give any to me and I had to pay. When my co-workers showed up they also confirmed they hadn't used pay per view, the rude receptionist then said "maybe you had cigarettes delivered to your room then ?" . She was desperately trying to justify the extra charge, I wouldn't have been surprised if she had said "maybe you brought a stray dog to your room ?" or something like that. Without any apologies, I eventually got my 5 euros back...

Basically :
The rooms are ugly
The staff is rude and has a very low level of English. They try to rip you off by pretending without any proof you have used extra services
the services are NOT WORTH those of a 4 star hotel. FAR FROM IT
All this for 150 euros a night ! might as well save this money and plant your tent on the grounds nearby if you ask me.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank lilou30
UK
Reviewed May 8, 2009

In the room, furniture and decor not to my taste - ghastly depressing dark wood furniture, 1980s IKEA curtains, and glow-worm-rating energy-saving, eyesight-ruining light bulbs. Minibar - empty. I stayed for a week during Hannover Messe, which means room rates are at least double the norm. (Literally - all the Hanover hotels do the same thing.) I paid nearly 300 GBP per night for room, breakfast (good buffet with omelette station) and internet access. For that money, I expect "toiletries" to consist of slightly more than one tiny bar of soap. (And one of those nasty bottles of shower gel, fixed to the bathroom wall.) Comfortable bed. Choice of pillows - first time I've ever taken up that offer, as the standard ones were too "fat."

Good location, in that one S-Bahn train from the airport takes you directly to the Messe station in under 30 mins, and the hotel is a brisk five-minute walk from the airport and station. (Forget the shuttle bus unless you're with luggage.)

Steaks in the restaurant are among the finest I've ever had, anywhere - and good value (for a hotel.) BUT - one night a colleague and I were told there would be no table for an hour. We settled for a bar snack. It took 55 minutes to arrive. Complaint to dismal maitre d' was answered with a disinterested shrug. Not good enough.

Other than that, staff were efficient and courteous, esp. multi-lingual reception people. Pool small but warm and a welcome touch. Next time, I'll try the Maritim - looks rather good and possibly worth the extra.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Anzegem
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed here one night during the 'Hannover Messe'. Hotel is located next to the airport and also near the subway to the center. The only disadvantage of the location can be the noise of the airplanes. Service was okay, rooms were very clean and spacious. The breakfast was good with a large choice. So conclusion is a perfect business hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business