“Exceptional value and good service”
Review of Grand Palace Hotel

Grand Palace Hotel
Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Grand Palace Hotel while on roadtrip through Europe. The girl in the reception was extremely service minded and genuinely nice.

I really appreciated the free parking in the back, and that the room was very big with high ceiling. Also, breakfast was a real treat.

The hotel might not have that exclusive feel that you might get from looking at the official pictures, but for me it was nice enough. Location is great, a few hundred meters from where the action is, and the value was absolutely mindblowing. I paid almost nothing, and the minibar was inclusive! Considering that I can really recommend this hotel if you are to stay in Hannover.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Grand Palace Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really liked this hotel in Hanover: it's nice, but not as majestic as the outside pics suggest, rather modern and classy, very good location, the city center and train station are a 3 min. walk away, free parking, friendly staff, very reasonable prices

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Station #10 on our Baltic trip. Very nice large room & bath. Staff was very unable to cope as well as for 'check in' and 'check out' next morning. Staff means four persons. Very limited car park. Lunchroom for breakfast seems to us as a mess hall: very noisy on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had a big room and big bathroom to the back of the building with a scenic view over the main railway line. The room was fine, a little "jaded", the bathroom was disproportionately large and yet again featured a shower over the bath. Why? It was a rainshower and so high up (not adjustable) that the water had to be boiling hot to stand a chance of having a warm shower.
Other than that the room and its facilities were average.
The hotel staff here are very friendly, but obviously have clearly-defined areas of ability and expertise as demonstrated on the second evening, when ill-health deprived us of the lovely barkeeper and made getting a drink somewhat challenging as there were no staff or staff who could operate the bar and till.
I did not have breakfast, but saw the buffet, which displayed a good selection.
Despite the room location, it was quiet.
The hotel's location makes it perfect for a visit or business trip to Hanover, but that is about it. I stayed for 2 nights and that was enough. This is not really a place to stay for a week or more.
One surprising facility was the ability to smoke in the bar.

Room Tip: You are caught between the road and the railway line. I had a room overlooking the railway line and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I staid one night for business. the hotel is in the middle of Hannover. Near to the Railway. Lucky I slept at the other side (streetside). a lot of noise from the cars but during the night it is rather quiet. Inside the hotel, you don't have noise ! No closing doors, no noise of showers ore toilets. it is really silent. The bed is very good. The breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed one night there. The room was extra large comparing other hotels. The staff was very helpful. There were everything we needed. It has a good and free parking lot. Even the corredors were the largest ones I've seen. The room was warm and quite. The minibar was free at the room. Also the breakfast was excellent with hot and cold dishes. Unlimited coffee was available at the breakfast. The hotel is not fancy not huge but very central position and very convenient. It seems old from the outside but it was new in the inside. The bathroom was very good with a bath tub and a shower.The air conditioning system was enough to make the room what you want. Internet was free and fast. Cable and wi-fi is both available at the rooms. Comparing the price we had paid, this hotel is the best one in Hannover City. I will definitely stay there and take no chances for the other hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed at the room number 420. It was extra large. Don't worry about the street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Oguzcav
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent one comfortable night at the Grand Palace. My room was quiet, even though it was at the front and I feared for traffic noise. However, I slept well. The room was large, warm and had everything I needed except tea/coffee making facilities. I went towards the restaurant for an evening meal and as I passed the bar, a member of the staff overtook me, entered the restaurant and turned on the light. Not a good sign, so I ate down the road at the Ruethai - excellent Thia food.
The hotel breakfast was excellent - good range of cold foods, delicious hot plates and very swift service. Perhaps the coffee could have been hotter. The 12.00 check-out allowed me a couple of hours walking around the city - well worth the effort - before my flight. I wouldn't hesitate going back to the Grand Palace.
B&B cost €116.