Aspria Hannover Maschsee
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
IntercityHotel Hannover(Hannover)(Great Value!)
$91
$88
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
$69
  • Restaurant
Pension - Hotel Avalon(Hannover)(Great Value!)
$74
Hotel Alpha(Hannover)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Suites Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
$98
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$109
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Aspria Lodge Hannover is primarily a health club, with extensive first-rate gymnasium and exercise facilities, and a 20-room accommodation wing with lake views. This gave us a pleasant and interesting exposure to German health culture during the summer holiday high season in July 2012. I had heard many years ago about the popularity of health culture and spas in Germany, but had no prior experience of German health clubs or spas until our stay with Aspria.

We did not make much contribution in our own right to the ambience of healthy indulgence in exercise and sun worship, but we were made welcome by pleasant and helpful staff. It was inspirational, and novel, to walk out on the wide common balcony in late afternoon to watch a hot air sightseeing balloon taking off from the beach in front of our room - other guests enjoying the same spectacle while exercising.

The location, on the shore of a popular artificial lake, the Maschsee (constructed in a job creation scheme of 1934-36), is scenic and convenient for easy access to major sights of Hannover. It was ideal for guests like us, with a hire car. It is about 4km drive from the New Rathaus (town hall); 6km from the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station); and 7km from the Herrenhausen Gardens. Aspria guests have pass entry through a boom gate to offstreet open air parking next to the lodge reception. Unlike hotels, reflecting the health club/spa basis of Aspria, guest entry on foot through reception is also by pass entry through automatic barriers. Guests have full access to the excellent gymnasium, swimming, cycling and snack bar/bistro/restaurant facilities of the establishment.

The room was minimalist (no air conditioning, or even a refrigerator) but was very clean, modern and well maintained (no faults with fittings or appliances), with comfortable bedding and a good bathroom. Internet (included for guests) worked very well. International satellite television choices, in English, French, German and other languages, were adequate. Our room had plenty of power outlets and desk seating for computer use. It was good value for money at €119 per night. Perhaps the biggest deficiency of the room was less soundproofing and privacy than might usually be expected in four-star accommodation. Fellow guests may be heard talking next door. It is well away from street traffic and noise, however.

Aspria Lodge Hannover is well located and most convenient for visitors to Hannover with their own vehicles. We much preferred the setting and facilities to the very ordinary accommodation in typical railway hotels around Hannover's Hauptbahnhof. It is not necessarily the best choice for everyone, but we would stay there again and highly recommend it subject to the above considerations. Aspria's English-language web page at http://aspria-hannover.de/en has further information.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel from reviews from Trip Advisor but was really dissapointed! It was a gym with a room to sleep in!! When we arrived at reception we were greeted with "what is your husbands name" excuse me , its the same as mine ! They didn't understand that so continued to question our marital status which I thought was very rude for a start!!! No information was given to us about breakfast etc so we went to our room . When arriving it stunk of mothballs , stains all on carpet and a dead plant in the centre of the room!! Only good thing was the lake view. No information about the "hotel" in the room so we tried to find the restaurant. We stood waiting while 3 staff ignored us after10 mins of being ignored we left . Other people were eating in the restaurant so why didn't we get served ???? Also in the middle of the floor were trays of food very unprofessional . I can't believe 3 staff who saw us totally ignored us . We then got into our car and drove to a fantastic restaurant called 11a. Try it ou won't be dissapointd. I saw it again on Trip Advisor. The next morning we could not find any breakfast laid out anywhere tobe seen so we had had enough by then . We went to check out and was asked if all was ok . I said "no not really" but no one asked why???? I found this awful too. I have since passed my comments on to the hotel and they did apologise and offered us a weekend back there, but when I replied back to them I have not yet received a response and that was 10 days ago!!! So I DEFINTELY will not be staying there again or won't recommend anyone else to stay there!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank taloolaa
Reviewed February 9, 2012

At the Aspria Lodge they know how to make their guest feel comfortable. When you arrive you might be shocked cause there is no lobby or anything like you are used from other places. Aspria is a high class gym and you have to register at the reception and walk through a gate and pass many sweaty people to get to your room. The rooms are big enough with an excellent view over the lake Maschsee. If you have time you should definitely try the spa area. It is excellent. The building has a big pool, a huge spa area with different saunas and outdoor pools. And of course a big gym with courses.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker there is a huuuge balcony connected to your room where all guest have access too. They have an outside sauna with a panoramic window where you can oversee the whole lake. Very beautiful, especially at night!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2011

When travelling on business I often look for hotels with spa and gym facilities. I am usually disappointed by the quality. Aspria is the other way around ... a fantastic spa, gym and pool which also provides some rooms.
IT IS THE BEST SPA I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!
So for those who want spa facilities where they stay I can think of no where better than Aspria.

Room Tip: Chhose a room overlooking the lake .. better views, balcony and hopefully no noise from the nearbye trains.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We travel alot and find having to find gyms close to our hotels.
The gym is first class and so the other facilities.
The rooms are new and neat. They are 4 star but they open onto a fantastic terrace.
I enjoyed my stay and had no issues

• Stayed: June 2011