“Great until you start eating”

Restaurant XII Apostel
Ranked #58 of 1,202 Restaurants in Hannover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: List
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very nice location with a large beautifully appointed dining room. Good atmosphere. Unfortunately it went downhill from there. I had a Minestrone followed by a pizza. I have eaten both previously in Naples, Rome, Sicily, NYC, and elsewhere. I love Italian food. This was not good pizza or minestrone. The pizza was large and looked good but I have eaten tastier frozen versions. It is not enough to throw a load of mismatched ingredients about and sprinkle a jar of Italian herbs everywhere. The final straw was when the waiter would not accept my Amex or Visa. Only German cards accepted. Nonsense.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wow - the pizzas were huge and full of toppings. I had a salami and feta Pizza Simon and it was fantastic. The house wine was very good too, I think the pizza and wine came to just over 20 euros. The atmosphere was super, with candles and tasteful decor. A must if your in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

23 Euros for a pizza is a robbery, despite it being cooked in a wood oven. Feels like entering a church with all religious theme painted ceilings.... Quite dull.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I make it a point to go here every time I visit Hannover. The food is always good. Their pizza is great.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was not our first visit and it confirmed our view that this is by far and a way the best pizza available in Hannover. The staff are friendly and efficient and all the food is excellent and although expensive due to the quality represents great value for money.