“very cosy and very delicios”

Block House Am Aegi
Ranked #31 of 1,173 Restaurants in Hannover
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Südstadt
Description: Our Block House has been here since 1982. It is a popular lunchtime venue and is also frequented in the evenings by many visitors to and artists at the Theater am Aegi.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We wanted to escape from rain and luckily found this restaurant. we were served quickly and friendly. All we ordere was delicious, The price seemed reasonable.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Slow service and prices were not satisfying at all. We've waited 40 min. for a rib-eye steak and even we had ordered " medium " the meat was welldone :(
The waiter did insist that it was " medium " instead of changing the dish.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was our anniversary, we decided to have some Steak. Even though that my girlfriend doesn't eat that much of meat, we went to Block House. After looking through the Internet, we found out that Aegi Block House has a better Review than the other one. So we went there instead.

I ordered Mr. Rumpsteak, my better half went for the Turkey. For the side dish i ordered potato gratin (yes, i didn't know the Steak came with salad).
Then came Mr. Rumpsteak. Medium rare, just like i ordered. It was very tender. My first bite melted in my mouth. It's been a Long time since i have had a Steak this good. Then it's time for the gratin. It was seriously one of the best gratins i've ever had. It was creamy yet light, savoury yet not unpleasant.

My gf couldn't complain as well. It was a very good meal. I would definitely come back.

P.S.: We tried the other Block House later, it wasn't that good.

1  Thank RadityoP
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very good steak & salad, pefect Jacket potato and sour cream. enjoyed the lot, did not see any wine i liked but the beer was great.

Good service my german is very poor and the waitress english was not great either, but they have an english menu and i got great service.

Would visit again and it accepts AMEX.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I used to go to this restaurant more often , the food is okay but not as good as it used to be