“Very nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My 7 year old and I had a fantastic meal there. The entire staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was lively and relaxed all at the same time. My child loved the penne pasta, and I had a great pizza and a fresh salad with a good vinaigrette. We would definitely recommend it and eat there again. Afterwards, we went for a walk near the botanic gardens, and we enjoyed the area where the restaurant is located.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I ate a spaghetti with seafood. It was so delirious. I went there single, despite it was very crowded the staff found a small place for me to sit.

2  Thank aa a
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Goettingen is not a culinary capital. Filled primarily with not very good Italian restaurants, some decent Turkish ones, and a few nice cafes plus Gausskeller and Planea. Salvatore is the Italian everyone talks about, but our experience there was less than outstanding. The pasta was overcooked (German style), the pizza ok if a simple one is ordered. The ambiance is sort of Trattoria but too noisy and the service questionable. Still, of the Italian restaurants in Goettingen, it's probably the best, which isn't saying very much.

5  Thank fiu222
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am Italian, and having dinner in an Italian restaurant in Germany is always a bit risky... but in this place everything was OK, at least for me. I had a pizza and it was very good; a colleague took a pizza with gorgonzola and shrimps, an Italian would find it bizzarre, to say the least, but he liked it. Another one took some ravioli with truffle from the dishes of the day, and it was rather expensive. This is obvious, but I haven't checked if the price list of them was clearly exposed... Anyway, good food, and a good choice of wines, too.

1  Thank Luigi_sr
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The service was friendly, the food fine (I had antipasti as a main course and husband had a pasta dish. Nice 2dl glasses of red and white from Sicily. Lively and very full the evening we were there, people waiting for tables. It was not expensive.

1  Thank JCD15