“Beautiful town, fabulous café”
Review of Cron & Lanz

Cron & Lanz
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Goettingen
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 4, 2012

If I hadn't gone there for a seminar, I'd never have known about this beautiful old university town and one of Germany's best cafés, in my opinion - the Germans do cakes and coffee really well but you still have to hunt for those outstanding cafés and Cron & Lanz is definitely right up the top! Downstairs they have a wide range of cakes, biscuits and chocolates and then you can sit up- or downstairs to order your beverages and eat. Everything is stylish and comfortable and service is excellent. I kept going back during my stay, taking a slightly larger group of people with me each time as they became enthusiasts like me. Göttingen is worth a visit for its old town and Cron & Lanz is the icing on the cake!

1  Thank Nell49

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife did a year abroad in college in Goettingen and Cron & Lanz was her most favorite place in town. It is a luxurious setting for cakes, sweets and coffee. While a bit pricy it is heaven for those who love pastries and excellant coffee. This spot should not be missed if you are in town.

1  Thank MickD415
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I know several female friends and colleagues who, if they found themselves in Cron & Lanz, would think they had died and had arrived in Heaven. The nearest equivalent I can think of for a British traveller is Bettys, the Yorkshire-based tea-rooms. As nice as Bettys is, and it certainly is, this is Germany and the Germans take cakes to a whole other level. This, in large part, due to the generous use of butter as an ingredient. I went along to indulge my partner but I have to say I was won over - the strawberry tart I had was divine, with a really good strawberry flavour. Excellent coffee and efficient service also, in pleasant surroundings.

3  Thank Schmeissfliege
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have been going to Goettingen for many many years and always stop at Cron und Lanz for a piece of cake and a coffee (or in winter for a wonderful hot chocolate). It's been around since the 18th century and is one of Goettingen's great culinary institutions. Great but, of course, fattening as most good things are..

3  Thank fiu222
Reviewed July 19, 2010

It is delicious! And the service is good as well. Always very friendly, helpful and quick.
I go there every time I visit the city (for the time being every second month). The prices - well for a large slice of cake and a coffee it is not more expensive than the average coffee shop - and so much better. Here you are served at the tebles - and the rooms upstairs are also worthwhile a visit.

1  Thank 60yarsofage