“Words can't express my thenks”
Review of Hotel Kronprinz

Hotel Kronprinz
Hotel Kronprinz
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Emden
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Words can't express my thenks”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is an unusual review for me and a very personal one, but does paint a picture of the hotel staff. I found the hotel comfortable clean and tidy and the breakfast of a very varied and good quality. The owner Kirsten was very helpful and chatty in English as I checked out and I felt I had received good value for money.

I left to continue my cycling tour and for reasons still unknown to me I had an accident on my bike outside the hotel. I felt I had received some injuries which felt sore and sought help back at reception. Kirsten immediately looked at me and realised I was badly hurt and took my to the hospital in her car, and helped me into the hospital also explaining my situation to the staff etc in the German as I cannot speak German.

I was treated immediately in the hospital as it was recognised I had fractures etc and Kirsten returned to the hotel, without asking her she unloaded all my clothing etc from my bike and placed it on her own trolley and brought it back to the hospital all labeled etc for me, she advised them she had retained my room for me as long as I needed until I could leave hospital, she also had the presence of mind to look out my phone charger and lead so I could keep my phone charged and be able to ring home. She even locked my bike up with her own lock and and taped the key to my luggage in the hospital so I could unlock it when I got back if she was not there.

I spent a night in the hospital and was discharged at my request late the next day so I could travel home to the UK. My room was ready and I was able to rest that evening ahead of a grueling two day train journey back to the UK. I am now awaiting final surgery for a broken shoulder and my rib and leg damage is healing.

I cannot praise Kirsten and her team enough for all the help and care they gave me without even thinking or being asked, what wonderful compassionate human beings. I am sure this is reflected in the hotel and they way they run it, if you need any thing am sure they will be able to assist you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Breakfast was good, friendly and helpful staff, safe storage for our bicycles. Somewhat peripheral location on a main road, so quite a bit of traffic during the night. Rooms and serrvice OK. Unfortunately the Greek restaurant incorporated in the hotel was closed for holidays

Room Tip: take a room at the back
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaaljkmn
BritAbroad
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although this hotel presents itself as an imposing building, that is pretty much the best one can say about it. On arrival at reception there was nobody present, just a push-button speaker phone and a tinny voice directing me to my room, where the key would be found in the door. The bedroom was functional but the en suite bathroom was ridiculously small - the toilet was placed in such a tight corner that it was impossible for me to sit on it properly. Instead I had to sit sideways with my feet and lower legs out of the door - just as well that I wasn't sharing!

Breakfast was included in the price and it was much better than I had expected - the one thing that saved this review receiving just a single star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Britabroad22

Travelers are raving about these Emden hotels