“A great find!”

Middle Holly Cottage
Ranked #1 of 2 Forton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This wonderful little B&B has been very lovingly and thoughtfully upgraded in recent years to create a first class place to stay. Everything, from the warm welcome on arrival to the excellent breakfast made my stay very pleasant. This B&B is very reasonably priced for such a high standard of accommodation and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience of staying there.

Room Tip: Contact the B&B directly to book
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent a night here. The accommodation is very comfortable, the welcome was warm and friendly and the cooked breakfast was superb.
The beds were very comfortable and we were surprised by the high quality of the facilities. Ian was very informative and helpful in directing us to a suitable place for an evening meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ian & Hilary have really got it right, they provide a superb B&B which is spotless clean and everything finished to a very high standard. The room, bed and large on-suite was faultless with the room kept nice and warm . The breakfast was absolutely delicious with all local produce used.
Well done to you both as you provide a first class B&B. If you are looking to stay in this area we can certainly recommend a stopover here, one we will definitely use again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which overlooks the road but with the double glazing we had no road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ian and Hilary are lovely hosts and they have a wonderful home for guests. All areas are clean and welcoming. Rooms have everything you may need - I used the hot water bottle which was a lovely touch! Breakfast was absolutely delicious.
Definitely recommend if you are coming to the area!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is how it should be done! Hilary & Ian are the perfect hosts, The cottage is very cosy whilst still offering a guests lounge and many facilities.
My wife & I stayed in room 1, This gave me probably one of the best nights sleep that I had benefitted from in some years, and after investigating I discovered that the matresses were Memory Foam. So now ordering one for our bed immediately!
The breakfast was amazing!!
The place was immaculately kept! spotlessly clean! & a joy to stay in! Home from home! OUTSTANDING!
We will be back , rest assured!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Excellent. Extremely clean room and we were made very welcome by our hosts. They couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, nothing was a problem. It was like a home from home. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hosts are charming, the room cosy and scrupulously clean and the breakfast excellent. I do a lot of travelling for my work and Middle Holly Cottage is one of the best B&Bs I've stayed at. I have no hesitation in recommending this accommodation and will definitely return when in the area again (if they'd have me back!) 5 stars for both the room and the hosts!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane M

Been to Middle Holly Cottage? Share your experiences!