“Convenience in the Heart of Wiesbaden”

Motel One Wiesbaden
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
San Diego, California
“Convenience in the Heart of Wiesbaden”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The city of Wiesbaden Germany is an interesting upscale community to visit. Because of its old world architecture and hilly terrain some of the hotels are a challenge, especially when it comes to parking. On this trip we were using the city has a layover between side trips throughout Germany and wanted to be close to the train station. We were fortunate to find Motel One immediately adjacent to the train station as well as connecting to the city shopping mall.

The hotel is clean and bright and has a very friendly staff our room was very neat and had all of the amenities although I must say was much smaller than what I had imagined.There is no closet and no true desk area, both of which I would have had preferred. The hotel offers a very special parking convenience at 6 euros a day, which otherwise would've been 18 if I was visiting the mall.The hotel offers a café style breakfast at a cost of 7.5 euros.

There was a great view of the City from our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at the train station which was fantastic after a flight a train journey we arrived at 12 noon and our room was ready which was fantastic we could get a rest. the staff were very helpful anything we asked for ( extra pillows iron and ironing board ) we got promptly and with a smile. we will return we visiting Weisbaden again.

• Stayed June 2013
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is good and clean and the staff are helpful. The only real problem we had was that while we were heading out site seeing on our first day there were what seemed to be a family trying to check in. The women had on dark coats, black hair and dark skin and the man was a little ugly dark skinned fellow. They followed us up to the bowling green park (not far) and asked us for directions. Well you know the rest. My wallet was lifted. My husband is crippled so I thought this was low even from a pick pockets standards. The hotel phoned other hotels and it seems that this is a common scam. We travel extensively and we should have been more aware. The new twist for us was that they seemed to be trying to check in. The fellow even told me they were staying in this hotel. Ah well. No one hurt. The hotel is great value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed April 11, 2013

i travel to wiesbaden twice a year for the last 8 years..i always stay at motel one. why? its clean,its modern, the beds are confortable the breakfast is perfect.The location is ideal (near the railway station), and not to far from the center of the city.
and if you rent a room up the 2nd floor the view is beautiful..i woudnt change it!!!!

Room Tip: higher floors have excellent view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alexandra k
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 10, 2013

for the price of over 100Euro's/nght for an economy hotel...its not worth it. I am fine that there is no phone in the room, so if you forgot to ask about the internet voucher...you need to go back downstairs...Although, when you do get the code and leave your laptop or cell phone un-attended for about 5 - 10 minutes,you need to restart the login process all over...and when you get access, its really slow.
The other great surprise was that there was no soap in my toilet...I had to go and buy some.
On the bright side the shower head is great and the water pressure is strong and the service desk is very friendly.
The bed was a bit soft for me, but I guess maybe some people like it.
But maybe this is too minimalist for me for the price and next time, maybe I stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are accustomed to 4-5 stars...stay away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel3282
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Motel One was recommended by friends from Weisbaden and it was a great option. Handily located next to the hauptbahnof and a shopping centre, I was extremely impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. They were always happy to oblige any requests with minimum fuss.

The rooms were very clean and modern. The only strange thing was that I had a queen sized bed and a king single duvet... I was travelling solo but too bad if I wasn't!

I didn't request a larger duvet, but from the personable nature of the staff, I'm certain they would have obliged.

Whilst it is a little bit of a hike to the main picturesque part of town (perhaps 15-20 mins) I found it handy for the train - it was nice to leave my bag at the hotel after checking out and then quickly picking it up for my 6pm train to the airport.

I would highly recommend Motel One and will definitely stay there next time I am in Wiesbaden.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leila B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went on a business trip to Wiesbaden and this hotel was booked by my hosts and I was not dissapointed. You turn left out of the main entrance of Wiesbaden train station and it is 200 metres away great location. The staff are friendly and helpful the lobby serves as reception and bar area and you have breakfast there in the morning. The hotel has recently being decorated and made for a good experience. The rooms are modern and clean and minmalistic. There is no phone in the rooms and just a bar to hang the clothes up. In the shower room as it suggest is just that no bath but the shower was fantastic I never wanted to get out once in.The quilt puzzled me it was a small duvet for the size of the bed so be warned, If you go for the breakfast option it was a very good continental selection but be mindful when you have breakfast at peak times it is like a cattle market and you struggle to get what you want from the food area without constantly bumping into people, having said that it was a very enjoyable experience I would go again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business