“Watch out for pickpockets”

Motel One Wiesbaden
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Watch out for pickpockets”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is good and clean and the staff are helpful. The only real problem we had was that while we were heading out site seeing on our first day there were what seemed to be a family trying to check in. The women had on dark coats, black hair and dark skin and the man was a little ugly dark skinned fellow. They followed us up to the bowling green park (not far) and asked us for directions. Well you know the rest. My wallet was lifted. My husband is crippled so I thought this was low even from a pick pockets standards. The hotel phoned other hotels and it seems that this is a common scam. We travel extensively and we should have been more aware. The new twist for us was that they seemed to be trying to check in. The fellow even told me they were staying in this hotel. Ah well. No one hurt. The hotel is great value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed April 11, 2013

i travel to wiesbaden twice a year for the last 8 years..i always stay at motel one. why? its clean,its modern, the beds are confortable the breakfast is perfect.The location is ideal (near the railway station), and not to far from the center of the city.
and if you rent a room up the 2nd floor the view is beautiful..i woudnt change it!!!!

Room Tip: higher floors have excellent view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alexandra k
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 10, 2013

for the price of over 100Euro's/nght for an economy hotel...its not worth it. I am fine that there is no phone in the room, so if you forgot to ask about the internet voucher...you need to go back downstairs...Although, when you do get the code and leave your laptop or cell phone un-attended for about 5 - 10 minutes,you need to restart the login process all over...and when you get access, its really slow.
The other great surprise was that there was no soap in my toilet...I had to go and buy some.
On the bright side the shower head is great and the water pressure is strong and the service desk is very friendly.
The bed was a bit soft for me, but I guess maybe some people like it.
But maybe this is too minimalist for me for the price and next time, maybe I stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are accustomed to 4-5 stars...stay away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel3282
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Motel One was recommended by friends from Weisbaden and it was a great option. Handily located next to the hauptbahnof and a shopping centre, I was extremely impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. They were always happy to oblige any requests with minimum fuss.

The rooms were very clean and modern. The only strange thing was that I had a queen sized bed and a king single duvet... I was travelling solo but too bad if I wasn't!

I didn't request a larger duvet, but from the personable nature of the staff, I'm certain they would have obliged.

Whilst it is a little bit of a hike to the main picturesque part of town (perhaps 15-20 mins) I found it handy for the train - it was nice to leave my bag at the hotel after checking out and then quickly picking it up for my 6pm train to the airport.

I would highly recommend Motel One and will definitely stay there next time I am in Wiesbaden.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leila B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went on a business trip to Wiesbaden and this hotel was booked by my hosts and I was not dissapointed. You turn left out of the main entrance of Wiesbaden train station and it is 200 metres away great location. The staff are friendly and helpful the lobby serves as reception and bar area and you have breakfast there in the morning. The hotel has recently being decorated and made for a good experience. The rooms are modern and clean and minmalistic. There is no phone in the rooms and just a bar to hang the clothes up. In the shower room as it suggest is just that no bath but the shower was fantastic I never wanted to get out once in.The quilt puzzled me it was a small duvet for the size of the bed so be warned, If you go for the breakfast option it was a very good continental selection but be mindful when you have breakfast at peak times it is like a cattle market and you struggle to get what you want from the food area without constantly bumping into people, having said that it was a very enjoyable experience I would go again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carcassonne, France
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We needed the hotel to be in place for an early morning trip up the Rhine to catch the ship using our rail pass. The room was small, neat, clean just as we expected. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The wireless Internet is free in the lobby if you ask for a code. We stayed up a couple of floors above the lobby so the connection still worked for us at no extra charge. The heat was on too hot and not able to turn it all the way off and the windows open but it's on a very busy street all night so that won't work if you don't like noise. When the windows are closed it's very quiet. We were on our way very early so we didn't try the breakfast here.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the front if possible for the noise when the window is open but you might be a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarcassonneGuy
Courtenay BC
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel is located one block from train station very easy to get to. Shopping center located right next door, also has a complete supermarket. Aprox one kilometer easy walk to central core pedistrian shopping area. Clean room, compact and basic. Bedding very comfortable. Room was facing busy street but still very quiet. Breakfast was a very good value for 7.50 euro. Hotel was very good quality for an offordable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family