“A really nice restaurant. ”
Review of Taverne Niko

Taverne Niko
Ranked #1 of 663 Restaurants in Wiesbaden
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice place to eat Greek food. Even more it’s a nice place to sit and enjoy the service. The owner is very involved with the patrons and he made us feel like we had been coming there for years. Our waiter even made sure we didn’t over order as he reminded us how big the portion of our main meal was going to be. I recommend the grill plate for two. It comes with a very fresh salad and bread for dipping in the excellent olive oil. The house wine will go nicely with the meal. But be prepared for the ever fun host who is making his way to each table to say hello. I would make reservations as it is a popular place. We were lucky and arrived just as the doors opened and secured an early table. Please enjoy. We sure did.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food every time, always wonderful service, authentic Greek food (having eaten in multiple locations across Greece it is most definitely genuine in my opinion). Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

There is only one truw word to describe this place and its wonderul! Tha staff is so mice, friendly and laid back. The food was better and more authentic than in most of tha places in Greece. And the wine - WOW!! I want to go back and taste everything on the menu.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

We were in the mood for Greek food, and looking at the reviews we thought we had found a secret gem in Wiesbaden. At the restaurant, the atmosphere was really great (Niko and the staff were really welcoming), and our expectations went skyrocketing... Food, however, was really nothing special. Most of the dishes we tried actually seemed to come straight from the can. To make it brief, if you ever tried real Greek food, don’t go otherwise you will be disappointed. No idea how this place could end up n1 in Wiesbaden....

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2018

This place has been in existence for 30 years and serves the best Greek food I ever had. Every time I visit Wiesbaden I try to have a meal at Niko’s and have never been disappointed. The owner Niko makes sure it remains an authentic place with friendly genuine service.
Ouzo on me next time Niko.

Date of visit: November 2017