“Very convenient to shopping”
Review of Hotel Admiral

Hotel Admiral
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Arlington, Texas
“Very convenient to shopping”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very quiet room. The windows block a lot of noise but can be opened to bring in cooler air. Our room was small with two single beds and a small bathroom, but was very clean. Rooms are decorated in old world European style. Elevator. Nice, helpful English speaking staff.

NOTE: You MUST let them know if you plan to arrive after 7:30 p.m. as the front door will be closed and locked after that time and you will NOT be able to check-in. Your room key opens the front hotel door as well as your room door so that you are free to come and go at any time.

Breakfast - lovely breakfast area with good variety of food and china place settings.

Great location for shopping but was a 10 euro taxi ride from the main train station. The owner later told me that it is only 30 euros from the hotel by taxi (if you order it ahead of time) directly to the Frankfurt airport so that saved a lot of time and hassle as there were two of us with luggage. Lovely pedestrian area two blocks away full of shops and little cafes for enjoying lunch or a snack and coffee outside in the sun.

There is a fantastic little take-out place half a block down the street towards the park. It has Indian and Italian food made fresh while you wait. We tried some of both and loved the food. We were tired so we just ordered food, waited ten minutes for them to prepare it while we watched and then took it back to the room to eat and relax. Portions are large, so you may want to consider sharing and try several things.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in huge room 12 with windows facing the road. Very noisy at night. It was very hot 32c with no a/c but did have a ceiling fan. Had to close the windows at night to reduce noise. 2 minute walk to the Hot Springs & town. Is central for everything. Staff excellent.

Wardrobe a bit of a nuisance as hanging rod with fixed hangers went from front to back instead of left to right. If they could fix that plus have a chest of drawers would be brilliant. Will stay there again next year.

Reception closes approx 7 p.m. so you cannot receive any phone calls & no staff of premises.

Room Tip: Stayed there 14 - 21 July 2013. Huge front room 12 quite noisy at night so close windows to reduce...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krys C
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We arrived in Wiesbaden early on Sunday morning (7am) and were cheerily welcomed to Hotel Admiral. After putting our bags in our large double room we went downstairs and enjoyed a tasty breakfast. Back upstairs, our room was fantastic - big comfy bed, traditional style furniture, lots of space, warm shower. We were in Rm 12 - paid 84 euro a night. The hotel is easy walking distance to the centre of town and the excellent Christmas market. A pretty walk in the snow :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kjwtravels
New York
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spent two nights at the Hotel Admiral.

The room was a bit older, and the only closet (not atypical for Germany) was an armoire. The problem here was that the rod went in a front-to-back direction vs a typical side-to-side direction, necessitating removing all thye hangers in front to get to a particular item.

The room was clean as was the bathroom, and both were decent sized.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was very good as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SabreSailor
UK
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed with my family (wife and 2 boys aged 1 and 3) on 2 sperate occassions. The hotel is very clean, close to town center and has a great breakfast. The main feature of this hotel is the service. Tim can not do enough to help. He is like a local tour guide and is always willing to help. If you want the personal touch from a family friendly hotel then you can not go wrong with the Admiral. Great place, great service.

Room Tip: Call Tim before hand explain your needs and he will do his best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank swedgeman
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Admiral for two nights in July 2012 as a break from hostels on my way around Germany. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Let's break it down --

Rooms: I stayed in a single room. The space was roomier than I'd expected, with old-style furnishings in the room and modern amenities in the fairly spacious bathroom. Everything was scrupulously clean. There was no air conditioner but the room did have a ceiling fan and the open windows meant AC was unnecessary. The TV was fine, would have preferred more pillows on the bed as both nights I had to roll up a blanket and use that as a substitute. However, I'm sure that they'd have provided with me with extra if I'd asked, so it's not an issue. My only complaint with the rooms would be that the shower curtain doesn't do much to prevent water basically flooding out onto the bathroom floor, so be careful how you angle the faucet!

The rest of the hotel: it has an old-fashioned design like the rooms, but everything is also in good condition and up to date. The wi fi cut out on me only twice and was generally very good quality in my room on the third floor. I was able to Skype no problem.

Staff: Are really lovely. The lady who checked me in was very welcoming and tolerant of my very ordinary German, although all the hotel staff I spoke to seemed basically fluent in English. Another lady, responsible for reception and breakfast during the morning, really went above and beyond. After finding out that I was in Wiesbaden to visit the small town nearby from where my family had emigrated in 1849, she went and looked up extra information on the town and its history, which she printed for me in German so I could improve my reading skills. She also loaned me needle and thread for some emergency clothing repairs, for which I was very grateful. The reception is not staffed after about 9pm but you can use your key to open the doors automatically.

Other: Wi fi, like I said, was great. Breakfast featured scrambled eggs and assortment of cold foods, great value (since it's included in the room price!) and good food, but don't go in expecting a vast array of bacon and the like. I would have liked it if the hotel were closer to the main train station but aside from that it is really ideally situated at the end of the main shopping promenade and a short walk from the Neroberg, which has a wonderful view of the whole city. The corner it's on is quiet, so no late night disturbances or anything else.

Overall: it's hard to imagine how you'd go wrong staying here. I would go back any time for sure.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Okonchatelnost
Hampshire
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Consistently friendly and helpful staff. We arrived late on the first day but were still met with a smile. All staff spoke excellent English.

Some hot food available at breakfast which was really appreciated and they had lovely coffee.

The whole hotel was clean and in good order throughout. Our triple room was enormous and very grand.

On more than one occasion, they made an extra effort effort to accommodate our toddler and were really happy to help entertain him. For breakfast, they volunteered some special chocolate milk for him.

Nothing was a problem for them at all. We had to store *a lot* of baggage with them on check-out and they were really accommodating.

The reserved parking, whilst appreciated, was not as secure as we'd like and was quite expensive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family