“Best Customer Service in Wiesbaden”
Review of Hotel Admiral

and 1 more site!
Hotel Admiral
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed with my family (wife and 2 boys aged 1 and 3) on 2 sperate occassions. The hotel is very clean, close to town center and has a great breakfast. The main feature of this hotel is the service. Tim can not do enough to help. He is like a local tour guide and is always willing to help. If you want the personal touch from a family friendly hotel then you can not go wrong with the Admiral. Great place, great service.

Room Tip: Call Tim before hand explain your needs and he will do his best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank swedgeman

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Admiral for two nights in July 2012 as a break from hostels on my way around Germany. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Let's break it down --

Rooms: I stayed in a single room. The space was roomier than I'd expected, with old-style furnishings in the room and modern amenities in the fairly spacious bathroom. Everything was scrupulously clean. There was no air conditioner but the room did have a ceiling fan and the open windows meant AC was unnecessary. The TV was fine, would have preferred more pillows on the bed as both nights I had to roll up a blanket and use that as a substitute. However, I'm sure that they'd have provided with me with extra if I'd asked, so it's not an issue. My only complaint with the rooms would be that the shower curtain doesn't do much to prevent water basically flooding out onto the bathroom floor, so be careful how you angle the faucet!

The rest of the hotel: it has an old-fashioned design like the rooms, but everything is also in good condition and up to date. The wi fi cut out on me only twice and was generally very good quality in my room on the third floor. I was able to Skype no problem.

Staff: Are really lovely. The lady who checked me in was very welcoming and tolerant of my very ordinary German, although all the hotel staff I spoke to seemed basically fluent in English. Another lady, responsible for reception and breakfast during the morning, really went above and beyond. After finding out that I was in Wiesbaden to visit the small town nearby from where my family had emigrated in 1849, she went and looked up extra information on the town and its history, which she printed for me in German so I could improve my reading skills. She also loaned me needle and thread for some emergency clothing repairs, for which I was very grateful. The reception is not staffed after about 9pm but you can use your key to open the doors automatically.

Other: Wi fi, like I said, was great. Breakfast featured scrambled eggs and assortment of cold foods, great value (since it's included in the room price!) and good food, but don't go in expecting a vast array of bacon and the like. I would have liked it if the hotel were closer to the main train station but aside from that it is really ideally situated at the end of the main shopping promenade and a short walk from the Neroberg, which has a wonderful view of the whole city. The corner it's on is quiet, so no late night disturbances or anything else.

Overall: it's hard to imagine how you'd go wrong staying here. I would go back any time for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Okonchatelnost
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Consistently friendly and helpful staff. We arrived late on the first day but were still met with a smile. All staff spoke excellent English.

Some hot food available at breakfast which was really appreciated and they had lovely coffee.

The whole hotel was clean and in good order throughout. Our triple room was enormous and very grand.

On more than one occasion, they made an extra effort effort to accommodate our toddler and were really happy to help entertain him. For breakfast, they volunteered some special chocolate milk for him.

Nothing was a problem for them at all. We had to store *a lot* of baggage with them on check-out and they were really accommodating.

The reserved parking, whilst appreciated, was not as secure as we'd like and was quite expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Turkey_Widget
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a great little hotel in a wonderful location. Why stay in a chain hotel when you can stay in a small, comfortable, family ran hotel! This has a bed and breakfast feel to it. Breakfast is good, staff is very friendly and wonderful. The Speros family is great, and your treated like a member of the family. A great value, and easy walking distance to town square, Kurhaus, restaurants, shops, etc. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and very quaint. I have stayed here in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2011 and there is no other place I would rather stay..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry G
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We had an excellent stay at this hotel on a cold snowy weekend. The room was nice and spacious with an old feel to it, but everything was modern & clean. The staff was very helpful and nice and spoke English. The breakfast was delicious. It as easy to walk to the center of town and visit the attractions, and it was easy to find free parking the street. We'll happily stay here in our next visit to Wiesbaden.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

The hotel is placed at a very nice location where the next shop is a Indian restaurant. What more is required. But the hotel is very compact. There is very less space and the corridor is very small.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2006

We stayed at the Admiral Hotel during the first week of the World Cup, and had a great stay. The attention to detail started before we arrived. I was able to correspond by email with the hotel before arrival, and get their advice on train travel within Germany, and other travel planning. Three days before arrival I received a fax outlining the area of the city that was to be closed due to a street festival, and directions to the hotel around the closure.

The hotel is conveniently located right next to the main pedestrian area, and almost everything you could desire (shopping, restaurants, village square) is within walking distance (10-15 min) with the exception of the train station which about 20-25 min. The rooms are small, but well appointed. Those on the street side can be noisy during the day with the windows open, but it quiets down at night. There is parking across the street in a locked lot for a small fee.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. One morning after coming in late the previous evening from a soccer match, they prepared a small breakfast for our children who couldn't make it down before the breakfast closed. Speaking of which, the hearty breakfast in the morning is very good and filling.

They are also very good with dinner suggestions, travel tips, and just overall advice. If you are looking for an affordable, friendly hotel in a safe location stay at the Admiral.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lesnomades