“Cool place!”

pentahotel Wiesbaden
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Modern casual lobby and room, recently renovated in friendly colours, big TV with free movies and sports channel (sky?), super clean room and bathroom, late checkout, great Sunday brunch! Covered parking and a short bus or taxi ride into the center of town. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maarten N, General Manager at pentahotel Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear CM, Thank you so much for the compliments ! We as the Penta Team enjoyed reading it and look forward to welcome you again. Next time again for the "longsleeper breakfast" which you meant by the Sunday Brunch !! Wish you a merry christmas and send regards from Wiesbaden. Greetings, Maarten

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been in the town Wiesbaden for business trip. I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Hotel location is away from the center but near the high way. The room is wide and comfortable and newly decorated. Bath towels were not in good condition. The quality of Shampoo and shower gel below average. No safety deposit box in the room. The main disadvantage of the hotel for me is outside noise specially at night. I would not recommend somebody to stay more than one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Alserraj
Maarten N, General Manager at pentahotel Wiesbaden, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Alserraj, first of all thank you very much for staying with us !
With big interest I read your comments about your experiences concerning our bathroom
and we will take immediately action in this matter !
About the noise of the rooms I would friendly ask you to contact us directly by your next visit so
we can reserve a more quite room for your stay.
Best regards, Maarten Nieuwenhuize, General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very pleasant hotel. The rooms are awsome with a nice design. Beds are huge and bathroom is great. Lounge halls and bars are really nice. On Sunday you can also enjoy breakfast (brunch) until 3pm (check out at 3pm too!) which is very valuable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laure-Bülent D

Dear Laure - Bülent, thanks a lot for the very nice comments about your stay!
This motivates the entire team very much and I hope to welcome you again
in the near future.
All the best, Maarten Nieuwenhuize, General Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff were very friendly, the price we paid was amazing though the mini suite we booked was allocated to someone else by mistake we did get a fab plus room with free breakfast that should have cost £17 each.
The room was huge with an enormous and comfortable bed. The bathroom was a good size with a fantastic double walk in shower.
The decor looked very new and had everything we could have wanted and more.
The hotel is comfortable to sit and eat dinner in and prices were good for food. I had the soup that was delicious and husband had Steak that was cooked to perfection.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious, varied and plentiful and I loved the bucks fizz on offer. A special mention to the lifts...it was like being a deep sea diver....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a lovely time with my family whilst attending a conference. The rooms are bright and spacious. The area is just beautiful and my wife and daughter went exploring it. Hopefully I will have more time when I return next year.

Thanks to the team

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had never heard of this hotel before, but when I booked my visit to Wiesbaden it popped up as one of those available on my selected arrival date. I chose it because of it's 4-star rating and price. According to the map of available hotels, it was a close to he center as I could be, so I selected it.
Disappointments come in a variety of flavors, and this hotel had a rainbow of them. First, the location if far from most everything. It wasn't alone, but there were no commercial areas in which to walk. The physical plant of the hotel in unimpressive. It reminds me of an old Holiday Inn! Grab a cart, load it with your luggage and haul it to your room. The elevator is shaky and small as well is the room. The towels are thin and ready for retirement. No coffee in the room.
Although I ordered a "plus" room, it was barely large enough for the two connected beds. The room had two very uncomfortable chairs, no closets and no frills. The bath had a large shower, which was the high-point of the room.
Normally I might classify the Penta Hotel as a "budget" hotel, but since one had to pay extra for everything, it's not really "budget". Breakfast, for example, was about 18 euros extra per person. (That's about $75 US for the three of us!
ONE BRIGHT POINT of this hotel is the dinner menu. Because the hotel was located far from most anything; I was tired after a 6-hour train ride and ready to eat, I decided to chance the dining room. Wow! The steak was wonderful. The other members of my party were impressed with their choice as well.
So, while I would tend to give this hotel 2.5 stars, I gave it a "3" because of the friendliness of the staff and the great meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinMan760
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after a "so-so" experience with the Hilton Mainz. Really, there weren't many choices since our primary consideration was proximity to the American High School in Hainerberg. At that time, our vehicle/s were still winding its way from the port Baltimore and we needed a distance that was "walkable" for my daughter. The U.S. Army lodge would have been a first choice but it is almost always fully booked. Now back to the Penta, the staff is "youngish," fairly enthusiastic and long-suffering. Let me explain, at the time we stayed, several high school basketball teams were booked at the hotel. If you have ever dealt high-schoolers, then you know what I mean. The hotel amenities are comparable to the Holiday Inn but with a European flair. We had a "split-level" room which gave my daughter a modicum of privacy. There is also the added "luxury" of having a restaurant on premises, serving euro fare at modest prices...not bad! Detractors? Not many, one pet peeve was that parking was not free (parking anywhere in Wiesbaden is a premium except on U.S. military facilities) and the internet did not come with the room...again 15 euro per day doesn't sound too much but when your daughter needs to constantly "keep in touch" with friends and family back home, then it adds up! Overall, the Penta is a good choice and in many ways beats the Army Lodge in price, service and location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business