“Great Hotel”

Dorint Pallas Wiesbaden
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here on business reasons during a seminar. The service was perfect, hotel and rooms very clean, breakfast outstanding. Only minor: the temperature in the room was too high for comfortable sleeping and difficult to adjust.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a nice stay at the hotel. Very comfortable, clean and friendly staff that were always helpful. Very central to the Rheim meine Halle and central to Wiesbaden. I would stay here again on my return to the city next years conference.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The rooms and hotel were very comfortable and clean. I liked the non-intrusive style of the place. It's very close to the railway station and the centre (both an easy walk). The breakfast was exceptional, but not cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good and modern Hotel. Centric, clean and with friendly staff. Well deserved 4 star hotel. Parking is a bit expensive though. Over the weekend I recommend to park outside. There are enough opportunities. Conclusion: We woud definetly come back.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Dorint this week on business. The hotel is in a lovely area of Wiesbaden, with a lush green area outside, and within walking distance of the train station and a really nice little shopping centre with a good selection of shops!
The lobby area is very spacious and the bar is small but perfectly formed. They have a good selection of drinks and the food was very good too. There is a restaurant called Basilico and a further area on the ground floor that houses breakfast.
The breakfast spread was very varied, you could have a hot breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs or an omlette or cereal or croissants or a continental spread of meat and cheeses. The service was prompt and looked like the buffet was well used by the guests staying.
The rooms are spacious and the bathroom was very impressive with what looked like marble tops! The shower head was huge and made for a very nice shower. The windows are large and, if you are on the back side of the hotel, look out over the green area across the road. The bed was comfortable however there were two single thin duvets, which did annoy me slightly when I woke up with no cover! I think this is a European thing and in no way deterred from what was a very nice stay.
My only slight issue with the room was the safe, which was opened and closed with a swipe of one of your credit cards. In theory this was a great idea, however when I went down to the bar in the evening, or to a meeting in the conference centre, I had to take this credit card with me, in order to open the safe when I returned. It was pretty disconcerting having to carry round this card, which should really be in the safe with all my others!
The other thing was the numerous light switches in the room, this confused me no end and I spent a while figuring out how to turn off all the lamps and lights, one night ending up sleeping with a light on as I could not for the life of me turn the thing off!!!
Overall my stay was uneventful, which is the best type of stay! I thought I paid a good price for the room (as the company I work for was holding a meeting in their conference centre) considering it is listed as a five star hotel.
It is obvious that the hotel is geared towards business users, however if I was on a personal trip to Wiesbaden (which is a lovely little town), I would have no hesitation to stay at the Dorint. I hope to visit it again inthe future.

Room Tip: If you want a nice view, choose a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chazzer1980
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a big American-type business hotel situated near the main train station of Wiesbaden.

The goods:
+ It was in 5 min walk from the station through a garden area (which is dark at night).
+ From the room I had a nice view of the town and Marktkirche (church) over the garden.
+ The fixed-rate taxi to Frankfurt Airport (40 EUR) was convenient and the driver was nice.

The bads:
- The hotel staffs lack smile and tend to minimize their labor.
- I needed internet connection but the cable in the room (already plugged) didn't work, so
I called the reception. The staff only repeated what's on the manual and told me to try again
and again. After 5 min useless conversation, it turned out there is no cable internet but only
wifi (which worked. The charge was 10 EUR for 24 hours and there are shorter plans).
- I got a wrong bill in check-out, for the first time in Germany. Though I got it corrected,
they never apologized.
- The bed was too short for a 185 cm guy. The room was on the small side considering the price.
- The breakfast was not good considering the price. I skipped hot egg menus as the staff in charge disappeared in the backyard for minutes.

In summary, this hotel might be recommendable for businessmen who need good access
to the train station, airport (FRA) and/or congress center (Rhein-Main-Hallen).
But in my next visit to Wiesbaden, I would choose a small hotel in the charmful downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sawarabi72
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for more than 10 days and it was outstanding. The place is very comfortable, quiet and spotless.

Rooms - good sized and very easy to work in, you get a desk and desk chair as well as a comfortable chair to relax in.

Restaurant is very good and the menu is varied and offers both some traditional German fare as well as a contemporary interpretation of of a global menu. I particularly liked breakfast at the hotel restaurant

Location is near the HauptBanhof and an easy walk to the downtown areas

If you are a native English speaker you will find the staff is fluent in English

Room Tip: Search for corporate discounts as you can save a lot
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business