New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
kuwait
“khaled from kuwait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

nice view to weibaden city and garden

hotel is nice and rooms good size space

for family and frenids

almost newspaper there and with channel tv also (german chanel . cnn . jazeera.dubaia . mbc..etc.

i hope you like it - try it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

2 Thank VipManQ8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked about 6 hours before we arrived via Trivago and got a great deal. Nice big rooms for the money. Staff very helpful. We arrived late so there was not much food available but the burgers and chips from the bar were excellent quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the way to Austria. From the outside, the hotel looks more like a 1970s residential tower block. Recently rennovated the hotel has an uber modern, minamilist feel to it. The hotel's communal areas are very nice - a nice bar, a good sized restaurant and a nice little sauna/wellness area. There is also a small fitness room but there are NO weights - just aerobic machines - bike / stepper etc. Some of the rooms have been modernised - others have not - so ask for one of the modernised rooms.

Points for improvement? The service was 'indifferent' at best. There is no lift from the underground car park to the reception which is bad news if you have cases to carry (spiral staircase = nightmare!). Breakfast is 18 Euros per person which is just crazy. Parking in the underground car park costs 15 Euros. AND although the restaurant is nice, the portions are small. We bother ordered pasta dishes which were said to contain vegetables on the menu. We were served pasta and tomata sauce - not one additional vegetable in sight!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times some times for one night othrers for weeks , and every time I entre the door of the hotel I try to get a review in my mind to be writed in trip advisor and every time I change mind accourding to what happined with me .
some times you find nice persons in the reciption just like lisa she is helpfull person other times you find some one that he is not helpfull at all even if he want to ask you to wait for a moment .
prices of rooms it goes up and down started from 58 Euro to 115 Euro for the same type of room in the same week !
ironing : you shall go the 6th floor to use the iron !
You need taxi to go almost any where except the clinc " DKD " which is next door to you
internet : id free in the reciption but you have to get new passord and user name every 30 minutes and some pepole come with laptups and they have an internet magnet software in it so all the trafic of the internet goes to them and you cant do nothing till they finish ( hotel IT shold work in that )
some rooms are clean some are not , some with LCD TV some with grand fathers TV.
as I say it vary so you have to be lucky to get good room and do chick in with nice person other wise .....
4 star ? I dont think so

Room Tip: try room 506 and get more than one passowrd to avoid going and coming back every 30 min.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

When I called the Reception up to ask ,how I can pay the room charge for my friend?", a man at the Reception said to me,"Just come." in unfriendly way.It was on Sunday ,03.06 .12 around Noon.

When I was there at the Reception of the NH hotel Aukamm on Tuesday 05.06.12, two receptionists were there.The two ladies were very friendly , so kind and managed everything perfectly. When I called NH hotel's Reception up again in the night on 08.06.12 .to ask ,"My booking is included Breakfast ,or not?" the Receptionist said only what he wanted to say, and he hung up the telepfone on me , in spite of , that I was still talking to him.
May be , he didn't want to work .....any way, it wasn't a good experience for me.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Waldtraut, Leiter Front Office at NH Wiesbaden, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
“Dear Guest,

First off all, we would like to thank you for your hotel review regarding NH Aukamm Wiesbaden and our night receptionist Rene Neumann.

We absolutely understand your disappointment and we would like to apologize for your bad experience. I would like to inform you, I have spoken with the Hotel Staff about this incident in order

to avoid these unpleasant situations in the future.

Rene works with us since a long time, we believe Mr Rene Neumann aim was not being impolite to you.

We hope this situation don’t change your mindset regarding NH Hoteles.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Wiesbaden hotels

Island of Malta, Malta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Smart hotel. Young female reception on early evening arrival was pleasant . Suite was very large but very clinical.You need a taxi to get anywhere in town unless you feel like a walk. So far no real problem but then our experience with Thyllf, the night receptionist, was memorable. For some reason known only to himself the man treated our simple enquiry about internet with what appeared to be contempt and he repeated the same answer trice as if mocking us. Then when we asked for an adaptor he once again answered with the same impudent and detached tone that was comical if it were not so unpleasant. We took it in our stride and huffed but in hindsight I think I can safely say it's been a while since I met such a rude person at a reception desk.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Waldtraut, Leiter Front Office at NH Wiesbaden, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

First off all, we would like to thank you for your hotel comment to the NH Aukamm Wiesbaden and our reception staff Thyllf by tripadvisor.
We absolutely understand your complaints.I would like to inform you, that I spoke with our night clerk about this incident.
We are knowing and think that this was not the aim from Mr Thyllf Heimbürger to being unpleasant to you.
Maybe there are language problems between the articulation.
We hope that this situation don`t change your mindset about booking the NH Hoteles in the future and hope we welcoming you soon.

With kind regards!
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed one night in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is in a suburb of Wiesbaden.
My experience was very mixed:

First of all: the lobby of the hotel was being rebuilt. That resulted in a lot of strange things. The ground floor was a chaos of building material, sheets to cover walls, cables hanging in the air, a small reception desk. The entrance was now at the back of the hotel, just behind ... a very large garbage container.

The restaurant looked very impressive, but the food itself was not too great. I had a hamburger, which had a lot of great ingredients, but the meat was ... deep fried.

The room was beautiful, but the light switches above the bed didn't work.
The bathroom was beautiful too, but the shower was a bit stubborn.

The breakfast was great.

So a lot of mixed experiences.

Room Tip: Avoid it while it's still being rebuilt.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business