“Absolute Perfection!”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
San Diego, California
“Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After three weeks of traveling throughout Germany, and experiencing a variety of hotels, I have finally found perfection: the Crowne Plaza, in Wiesbaden.
In my opinion, the "perfect" hotel will have the proper balance of amenities. Obviously the room size, quality and features; the bathroom configuration; the friendliness of the staff and, perhaps of equal importance: its location,
I selected a prior hotel in Wiesbaden before finding the Crowne Plaza. Disappointed with my first choice (I relied on a "star" rating) I decided to move after the first night. I found the Crowne Plaza and immediately booked it. Here's why:
The Crowne Plaza certainly is an upsale property in every sense of the word. I was greeted warmly and professionally by the hotel reception, and although I arrived hree hours before check-in, my reception, Kathleen, offered to see if a room was available early. It was and my happiness curve leaped an unexpected high.
The room is beautiful, with comfortable beds and chairs and decorated to a "T". The room included complimentary water, coffee and WIFI for two devices. The rate I chose also included breakfast - the best one on my travels. The hotel also has an indoor pool and workout room on a separate level, and is the only hotel on my trip to have an ice machine for guests. For those, who need it, the room also was equipped with an iron and ironing board, robe and slippers.
Aside from the physical amenities, this hotel is great because of its location. Situated on Bahnhof St, just 5 blocks from the central train station, he Crowne Plaza is just a 5-minute walk from everywhere. Located is a good neighborhood, I felt save walking late or any time during the day. Public transportation (bus) is just one-half block from the hotel. The location feature will save you a significant sum in taxi fares.
Just finishing my breakfast now, I must note it is the finest breakfast on my trip. They have a flat fee of 15 euros for breakfast (for all occupants of the room). It is the most complete breakfast ( including fresh squeezed orange juice) with a cook to prepare your custom egg order.
IN my opinion, the Hotel Crowne Plaza is everything a fine hotel should be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza W, Director of Sales at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel and thank you for taking the time for an assessment of your stay.

We were very happy about the fact that you had a pleasant stay and that you'll have the last days of your trip in good memory. We gladly forward your feedback to our team.

We would be delighted if we may again welcome you in our Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Guest Service Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hawaii
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After our previous lodging plans fell through, my husband and I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza for two weeks. We have no complaints about our room, the service, or the food. Although the hotel is a bit pricier than choices like Pentahotel, this is a case where you get what you pay for.

Check-in was quite easy and our room was lovely. There was plenty of storage space and everything was spotless. Our room was cleaned quickly on the days we requested it and staff members also respected the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the days we decided to stay in. Our "wifi" room keys deactivated a few times early in our trip, but the front desk staff quickly reprogrammed them for us. All staff members spoke English, which was very helpful due to my limited German.

We opted to get the breakfast option during our stay. Although the offerings stayed pretty much the same every day, there was enough to choose from that we didn't really tire of the choices. The croissants are worth the wait, as they are usually snapped up quickly!

I tried out the sauna one day. You have to call the front desk for them to turn it on about 15-30 minutes before you head downstairs. I enjoyed a nice session in the room to myself. The pool is quite spacious. The gym room includes a fairly decent amount of equipment plus a water cooler, although some of the equipment seemed old. For example, the treadmill looks like something my grandmother might have had when I was a girl, although this might be standard for Germany.

Although the parking spaces are very cramped (typical for Wiesbaden), there was always ample parking, no matter what time of day. Note that parking is not free. I recommend signing up for the rewards program for the discount.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. I will have my parents stay here when they come to visit me in the future, as I know they will appreciate everything the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza W, Director of Sales at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel and that you took the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very pleased and we are proud that we could prepare you a pleasant stay.
We are always striving to improve our services and have therefore taken your comments very seriously. Our gym was renovated at the beginning of the year and in the near future, the older sports equipment will be replaced.

We would be very happy if we soon welcome you together with your parents at our hotel.

Clinton, MS
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip in April 2013. The hotel is in a great downtown location that was walking distance to many shops, sights, and restaurants. The rooms were clean and my room happened to be extremely large - way larger than any American hotel I have stayed. My colleagues rooms were not so large, but mine was very spacious. The A/C wasn't the best, but luckily the windows opened and I slept with them open every night as it was cool outside.

There was a great breakfast at the hotel with hot and cold foods. The front desk service was very accommodating and friendly - and English speaking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not open to the street for a quieter room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel and you've taken the time to review your stay.

It made ​​us very happy, that you yourself have felt comfortable in our hotel and you could enjoy a pleasant stay. Your feedback we will gladly forward to our team.
Of course, we are always striving to improve our service, so we take your comment regarding the air conditioning very seriously and will discuss this with our technical team.

We would be very happy to welcome you again in our hotel, so you can make your own picture of the improvements.

Wiesbaden
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We were 2 adults and 2 children staying in a room with 2 double beds. The rooms are relatively small but very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet had a selection for all of us. There is a small pool ( which our kids really liked) and sauna in the hotel which was a nice plus for us. The staff are not overly friendly but that was fine for us. It's the location that really makes this hotel good. It is a block from the main market square. All in all this was a great place for us.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time and write a response about your recent stay.
We are happy to hear that you and your kids liked our wellness area.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again with us soon.

rome
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just came back from a leisure trip with a group. we stayed at Crown Plaza Wiesbaden
the rooms are comfortable and just renovated and so is the lobby
but none of the staff was ever smiling at us. I mean it literally
plus are: location (Wiesbaden is small but the location is very close to the rathaus), room, breakfast food choice (quality?)
minus: staff attitude, restaurant food, restaurant service.
none ever greeted at us nor smiled at us so my suggestion is to focus less on standards and more on the heart . i was sick one evening and they did not try to help me at all finding a thermometer nor suggesting to help me anyway only very cold statements. I wonder if I was alone without my frineds how could I handle this alone in the hotel?
In other words when you justify your lack of courtesy and efficiency behind a standard rule of the company the guest perceives this unkindness in a wider way and starts noticing all thousand points that are not working well during the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time and write a response about your stay. Please be assure, that we are affected about your impression, this is not our normal standard. We will review it in the management circle. Please accept our apologize.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again with us, to convince you about our service.

Europe
Reviewed June 10, 2013

As with most travelers accustomed to a certain standard of luxury, this hotel provides all the amenities that would be expected of a Crowne Plaza. I appreciated the private parking structure beneath the hotel. The cleanliness of the room and hotel in general. Our breakfast was standard fare, yet provided us with all of our requirements. We spent the evening in city center and had a wonderful time. I did not find the parking or bar expenses above normal considering the location and the quality of the facility. There are less expensive accommodations in the area for those travelers who are concerned about saving an extra Euro.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks to taking the time and write a review about your recent stay with us.
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you here in the Crowne Plaza and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during a recent family trip to Wiesbaden. The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the main train station and about 5 minutes from the city centre. Had a double room with 2 beds which I should mention were very soft/hollow not the best sleep. Room size and cleanliness was ok but the bathroom was very small. The breakfast offering was well worth the 12 euro although the staff were not able to make or understand when I asked for eggs benedict which is a bit of a surprise at a hotel of this nature. The fittness centre is very nice with the sauna and pool being nicely setup even if the pool was a bit cold. If traveling to Wiesbaden again I will be sure to stay here as long as the price is right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our hotel during your recent family trip.
I'm sorry that we were not able to prepare eggs benedict for you. We already trained our kitchen staff on it and would be happy to serve them to you at your next stay.
We are happy to hear that you like our updated pool area, the water temperature is constantly at 28°C. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.