Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City
$72
$70
Toskana(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
$68
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
$67
$130
$99
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgold memberomelette stationnice hotelfriendly staff at receptionrenovated roomthe main train stationbusiness tripclose to the city centerexcellent locationwalking distanceunder renovationpublic areasbreakfast buffetchristmas marketfitness centercomfortable roomsper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The toilet never worked properly, the heater would never turn off, you will be overheated, and the phone would ring early in the morning but nobody on the line. The indoor pool was freezing cold when it was open and the sauna never did get hot. The bartender was very nice and breakfast saved the hotel experience. Informed the front desk clerk of the concerns, she said (i quote) «OK».

I am a club member and we like the chains, but not this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank catndan1
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear catndan1,
thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be assured that we will take action regarding the concerns that you mentioned.
First of all, please let me apologize that our reception staff did not react the way you expected. This is not standard in this hotel and we will follow up on this. I have forwarded your comments about the room you stayed in to our engineering department, so we can get any issues in this room resolved. We have also checked our pool and sauna area and I am happy to inform you that the pool temperature is at the recommended level and our sauna is in working order.
It would be great if you would return to our hotel, so we can make sure that you get the service and quality we usually provide.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed her for the DoDDs Championships. The hotel was full of American Parents, Teens and children so needless to say...it was a little loud in the lobby, hallways, restaurant...but the staff was friendly and accomodating to all our needs. The room was perfect andthe bathroom clean and all amenities you would need...an added touch was the pillow spray. The buffet breakfast was wonderful with eggs cooked to order. The hotel was close to downtown and easy parking!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Samchanel,
I hope your stay was a successful one and you had a great time at the Championships! Thank you for your comments about our hotel, it was indeed a busy time when you were staying with us. I am glad to hear that you were taken care of by all of our staff.
The pillow spray is part of our unique Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which will help you to have a good night's rest.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just for one night, I chose the Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden because we had a meeting west of Frankfurt and this hotel was convenient for the train to the airport, where we had an early flight the following morning. It's a 10-minute walk to the main station in a straight line, impossible to get lost! The location is central, but we didn't have the time to check out the neighbourhood.

As for the hotel, the building is quite old but it has been newly refurbished, so everything looks brand new and stylish (the corridors and the swimming pool being the exception, although the sauna was certainly new and very big). Internet is slow, but at least is free and you can pay for a faster connection if you need it.

We found that the hotel has a very good price/quality ratio (at least during our stay), and I'd gladly go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear josmon10,
thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel. Especially as you have noticed our refurbished rooms and lobby and bar area. We love our new product, and it is great to know that our guests like it as well.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having previously stayed in the Mainz area I was looking forward to staying at this hotel. However I was extremely disappointed. I specifically asked for a quiet room and found myself in a room on a busy side road. Due to hotel occupancy I was unable to move. Additionally my room had heating issues (during the middle of winter), and the only solution given was a space heater. This worked well but sounded loud (like a blow dryer) all night long. On the plus side the hotel is conveniently located near the main shopping area in the old town and the breakfast buffet was fairly good. I found the staff's service rather perfunctory. I would have switched hotels unless for the fact that the rest of my business partners were staying here as well. They didn't appear to have the same issues that I had. Next time I will stay at another hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear URSOJS,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe your experiences during your recent stay with us. Only with the feedback from our guests we are able to find our areas of improvement.
We do strive for excellent service for our guests. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We will review the mentioned points closely with the respective departments. We would be pleased if you give us a second chance to show you the improvements.
Thank you very much again for giving us your honest feedback.

best regards
Katrin

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our stay was a week in duration. We found the breakfast menu very solid, good choices on the buffet and egg dishes to one's satisfaction. In the restaurant we found Karen and Francine to be outstanding, friendly and very helpful with our grandson. After our long stay we felt we were leaving freinds.

In the bar dining area the evening bar tender was outstanding. He did everything he could to make our visit comfortable and took care to seat us in a location that ensured our grandson would not disturb other guests.

The menu was acceptable. I can recomend the pork tenderloin as the best dish that I sampled. The hamburger was OK and the club sandwich was above average.

The rooms are clean, the housecleaning staff was attentive and helpful. The basement pool was not too inviting although clean; it just wasn't a place to lounge or play with my grandson.

For a first visit the hotel is located within walking distance to downtown so we walked many places visiting many shops. For a first visit I think everything was as good as one might expect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Beepa1942,

We are glad to hear that you felt welcome in our Crowne Plaza and spend some valuable time with your grandson in Wiesbaden. We have passed on your positive feedback to the mentioned colleagues which felt very honoured. Thank you very much for taking the time to point out all your favourites and the areas to improve. We would be very happy to welcome you back when you get the chance to visit Wiesbaden again.

kind regards