Courtyard by Marriott Wiesbaden-Nordenstadt
$200
$155
$64
$83
All reviewsfrankfurt airportbusiness hotelfree parkingsliding glassnice hotellocal businessmini fridgegas stationhotel is locatedcomfortable bedeasy accessflat screen tvrecommend this hotelgood sizenice barrestaurants within walking distanceup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from 20 June till 23 June. It's a renovated hotel with a separated modern shower, a flat TV, a safe, a hot water apparatus (coffee/tea), a mini bar.
The staff speaks German and English and helps you with any information wanted.
The hotel has a limited parking places at the side of the main entrance (+- 20 places), but the back side has enough parking places. The hotel has also a nice big outside terrace to drink something; prices on the terrace are a little bit higher than in the centre of Wiesbaden.
The breakfast is great and enough choices. We take a room on a higher floor to avoid noise of the reception, the bar/restaurant, the breakfast room. At walking distance of the hotel you can find a big shopping centre (open till 22h00) with different restaurants. By car you can visit the centre of Wiesbaden. (Distance about 5miles / 8km.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Austria for our honeymoon, as we wanted a clean budget friendly hotel close to the motorway.
The hotel is situated close to the motorway on an industrial estate (don't expect a scenic view from the bedroom windows!). We arrived by car, so unsure of public transport links. Would not choose to walk around outside the hotel at night alone.
When we arrived and had parked in the hotel carpark, there was a very odd sewagey/rotten egg smell outside the hotel. So unsure whether there is some form of treatment works/open drains nearby, but we couldn't smell it in the hotel!
Check in was quick and simple and the receptionist was happy to speak to us in English.
The room was clean and modern and was catered to the business traveller (large desk, etc). The bathroom looked fairly new with a largish walk in shower. The bathroom had opaque glass sliding doors so allowed very little privacy if a couple are staying in these rooms, although fine for solo occupancy.
One other negative was the lack of milk in the tea/coffee tray. Being avid tea drinking Brits, we were a bit upset!
We ate in the hotel restaurant downstairs and was happy with the service and food. My husband ordered the burger, which arrived on a wooden board with the chips in a mini deep frying basket, which was a nice touch. I ordered the chicken with mediterranean veg, which was also tasty.
In summary, my husband and I would stay here again if we were travelling long distances and it was enroute, however would not make a diversion especially for this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philberts2013
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for business in the Wiesbaden area. Very good welcome and introduction to the hotel. Room was of excellent quality; great quality linen and good choice of pillows.
Bathroom area was very well designed, modern with a wet room style walk in shower. The door consists of two sliding opaque glass sheets; very modern and designed for one person occupancy really but ok for two.

Service at the bar, restaurant and breakfast was good. Bar menu was a little limited but good quality. Breakfast had a wide range of items with the cooked to order.

Overall a good business choice and I will return. It's a chain but quality is clear to see.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this property for just one night in conjunction with a conference program and other than the slightly odd location, the hotel is great. My guest room was large, clean and modern, with a comfortable bed and I had a quiet night's sleep. Dinner in the restaurant was quick and easy, though the restaurant on the evening I was there was very quiet, just myself and two other diners. The "gym" facilities are great but very small - two treadmills, an elliptical and then weights. But again, the room was clean and pleasant and perfectly suited to my needs.

Check-in staff I thought were great, actually remembered my name throughout my stay, and were in general quite helpful.

Pro's:
Clean, comfortable rooms, nice beds/large
Basic facilities are provided, gym, small gift shop (a nice aspect of Courtyards)
Restaurant was fine, food was good and well priced (reasonable hotel food??!)
Complimentary wifi throughout property is a nice perk

Con's:
The location is just off the highway and I don't think there's much in walking distance - a supermarket (closed on Sundays of course), and then a residential area.
Taxi service is outrageously expensive - 45 euro for the 16 minute drive in traffic from the airport to the hotel - not really the fault of the hotel - Taxi service in Germany is just through the roof.

Might be nice if they offered some sort of shuttle around - into Wiesbaden central or to the airport.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a quiet room, mine was on the 2nd floor at the end of a hallway and was silent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Traveler104
Reviewed September 5, 2013

- great clean rooms (but very big but modern)
- NO Marriott GOLD CARD benefits - no lounge, no free breakfast.... !!!
- Free Wifi for everyone
- Free parking right outside
- friendly staff
- Noise: You can hear everything from the hallways and also a lot of noise from neighbors, or upstairs but it was faily quiet while I stayed. (I guess it depends on how other guests behave during your stay) - but I could listen in on every conversation in the hallway while sitting on my bed.
- Very beautiful patio and comfortable restaurant (reasonable prices here too)
- AC works well but a bit noisy

Room Tip: get a room far away from elevators to reduce the chance of noise distrubance
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business