“Small room”

Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was transferred here from another local hotel which was overbooked. At first it all looked very grand, but I was given a newly refurbished room which was really quite small. Despite the size they had tried to cram in all the things that would be in a much bigger room, leaving no workspace, or space on the bedside table.

The room did have a huge balcony which would be lovely in the summer. In the winter it's little use. The bathroom was the same size as the bathroom, which didn't make sense. I think the space could have been used a lot better.

The room was also very hot which affected sleep, despite turning off the heating and having the balcony doors open for an hour before sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Mr. griangraf2001,

Thank you for your feedback via tripadvisor.
That is correct, you get a new renovated room, but without a working desk.
Unfortunately we had just the small single room available.
We had problems with the heating and air conditioning, but we have already taken all steps to find a solution.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the
Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel Wiesbaden.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a 10 day business trip and was unfamiliar with the area and transportation resources. All of the hotel staff was extremely helpful in providing assistance. The room was spacious and very comfortable. It provided the amenities needed for a working trip (internet, desk, etc). The spa area was a wonderful amenity. The hotel location has great access to shopping, dining, bus service, and taxis.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mrs. Donna T.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay from our hotel, Europe´s oldest traditional hotel.
We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable in the whole hotel.
We would be delighted to welcome you again in the future in our hotel, restaurant and SPA Area.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights to participate in a training course that was held in the hotel premises.

The building is quite charming and so was my room, although I understand that room sizes are quite uneven and I appear to have ended up with one of the larger rooms. My room, including the bathroom, was large and adequately furnished. There is an amazing array of television channels that probably represents the clientele of the hotel. For some reason, connecting to the free WiFi using my laptop proved slower than connecting to the same network using my iPhone, although once I was connected, the internet speed was fine.

I ate all my meals and snacks at the hotel during my entire stay and was only disappointed by one or two dishes. The snacks during our breaks were brilliant and very creative, a good combination of healthy and not-so-healthy treats that were all yummy. The meetings rooms are on the top floor of the hotel, which allowed us to enjoy good views of the city during our breaks.

The hotel is situated very near the shopping center and the old part of town, allowing for nice walks in the evening and lots of alternative dinner options for those who chose not to join us for dinner.

Hotel staff were always friendly, something I cannot say about some hotels I have stayed at in other German cities.

The second floor of the hotel is currently under renovation, but that didn't really spoil my experience. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room that is at least two floors above the construction site.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Talampakan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay from our hotel, Europe´s oldest traditional hotel.
We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable in the hotel as well in our meeting area.
We have already forwarded your positive feedback to our staff and we would be delighted to welcome you again in the future in our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Outside (and partly still inside, like bar): charming old palace out of Germany´s imperial past. Inside: freshly renovated rooms with all modern standards like WLAN and TV. What I liked (and still like) most: the bed - never slept better in a hotel. And the staff: it took only a couple of days until everybody welcomed me saying my name.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Malte-Fabian F.,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the stay with us.
We have already forwarded your positive feedback to our staff.
We are pleased to welcome you again at our traditional hotel.

kind regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My Second time staying at this hotel.

My room was smaller this time but still ok. The room was a little warm and the ac didn't seem to do a whole lot when turned on. I found the pillows too soft and they had no alternative ones. But apart from that everything was great. Nice powerful shower, comfy bed and good TV.

The swimming pool was great after a long days work.

We also ate at hotel restaurant and had a very nice meal.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I will be back again.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be fairly small while some are very large in size. Try and request as large as possib...

Dear Mr. Fear,

Thank you for your second booking at the Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel and taking the time to give us a your feedback.
It is a pleasure for us, that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable with us. We would be very delighted to welcome you again in the future with us.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stay in hotel Radisson for a week while visiting Wiesbaden. The hotel building was quite charming despite of the ongoing reconstruction of the 1st floor. The room was comfortable, stylish and very clean. The hotel spa was modern yet cozy. However, the nicest quality of this hotel was its staff. The receptionists were always smiling, always friendly, always helpful...nothing was ever a problem. The staff in the restaurant of the hotel, the breakfast attendants and also the housekeeping personnel were just as amazing. One may suggest it is to be expected. Based on my own experience, the expectations and the reality in hotel settings often differs. The staff of this hotel simply stands out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Mr. George J.,

We will share your feedback with our staff and we would be delighted to welcome you again in the future in our hotel, restaurant and SPA Area.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

As I used to live in Wiesbaden before moving to the UK - this city is very special to me. It was the first time I stayed in the Radisson BLU Schwarzer Bock combining a Business Trip with Leisure. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to use all the facilities offered - so I guess I have to return soon again. The new rooms are very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mrs. Tina S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable with us.
We would be delighted to welcome you again in the future with us.