“Lovely old hotel”

Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights to participate in a training course that was held in the hotel premises.

The building is quite charming and so was my room, although I understand that room sizes are quite uneven and I appear to have ended up with one of the larger rooms. My room, including the bathroom, was large and adequately furnished. There is an amazing array of television channels that probably represents the clientele of the hotel. For some reason, connecting to the free WiFi using my laptop proved slower than connecting to the same network using my iPhone, although once I was connected, the internet speed was fine.

I ate all my meals and snacks at the hotel during my entire stay and was only disappointed by one or two dishes. The snacks during our breaks were brilliant and very creative, a good combination of healthy and not-so-healthy treats that were all yummy. The meetings rooms are on the top floor of the hotel, which allowed us to enjoy good views of the city during our breaks.

The hotel is situated very near the shopping center and the old part of town, allowing for nice walks in the evening and lots of alternative dinner options for those who chose not to join us for dinner.

Hotel staff were always friendly, something I cannot say about some hotels I have stayed at in other German cities.

The second floor of the hotel is currently under renovation, but that didn't really spoil my experience. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room that is at least two floors above the construction site.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Talampakan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay from our hotel, Europe´s oldest traditional hotel.
We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable in the hotel as well in our meeting area.
We have already forwarded your positive feedback to our staff and we would be delighted to welcome you again in the future in our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Outside (and partly still inside, like bar): charming old palace out of Germany´s imperial past. Inside: freshly renovated rooms with all modern standards like WLAN and TV. What I liked (and still like) most: the bed - never slept better in a hotel. And the staff: it took only a couple of days until everybody welcomed me saying my name.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Malte-Fabian F.,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the stay with us.
We have already forwarded your positive feedback to our staff.
We are pleased to welcome you again at our traditional hotel.

kind regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My Second time staying at this hotel.

My room was smaller this time but still ok. The room was a little warm and the ac didn't seem to do a whole lot when turned on. I found the pillows too soft and they had no alternative ones. But apart from that everything was great. Nice powerful shower, comfy bed and good TV.

The swimming pool was great after a long days work.

We also ate at hotel restaurant and had a very nice meal.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I will be back again.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be fairly small while some are very large in size. Try and request as large as possib...

Dear Mr. Fear,

Thank you for your second booking at the Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel and taking the time to give us a your feedback.
It is a pleasure for us, that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable with us. We would be very delighted to welcome you again in the future with us.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stay in hotel Radisson for a week while visiting Wiesbaden. The hotel building was quite charming despite of the ongoing reconstruction of the 1st floor. The room was comfortable, stylish and very clean. The hotel spa was modern yet cozy. However, the nicest quality of this hotel was its staff. The receptionists were always smiling, always friendly, always helpful...nothing was ever a problem. The staff in the restaurant of the hotel, the breakfast attendants and also the housekeeping personnel were just as amazing. One may suggest it is to be expected. Based on my own experience, the expectations and the reality in hotel settings often differs. The staff of this hotel simply stands out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Mr. George J.,

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable in the whole hotel.
We will share your feedback with our staff and we would be delighted to welcome you again in the future in our hotel, restaurant and SPA Area.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

As I used to live in Wiesbaden before moving to the UK - this city is very special to me. It was the first time I stayed in the Radisson BLU Schwarzer Bock combining a Business Trip with Leisure. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to use all the facilities offered - so I guess I have to return soon again. The new rooms are very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Wolfgang W, Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mrs. Tina S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to feel comfortable with us.
We would be delighted to welcome you again in the future with us.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for about 2 weeks and this is what I found out:

Good Points

1) Great location (next to the shopping area)
2) Free Internet

5) The TV model is old, you can't get full HD
6) Sometimes the room is cold at night

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Irshoud,
Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback.
Your experience report help us to improve our services constantly.
Due to the renovation work we had some problems with the heating.
Please excuse the circumstances.
We would be glad, to welcome you again, in Europe´s oldest hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed for a week between Christmas and into the New Year. The room was facing the courtyard, so although not the best views, it was very quiet which for it's central Wiesbaden location is a plus! The room was spotlessly clean,spacious, large, comfortable, great shower (no bath), and very comfortable bed. I have to say, we thoroughly enjoyed using the spa, which has been updated recently, was brilliant, think we visited the spa practically every day!

The staff at the hotel are brilliant - from bar staff, room service staff, receptionists to cleaners (who cleaned the room at all times of the day!), the staff were outstanding - friendly, professional, helpful, attentative.

We ate one night in the restaurant/bar at the front of the hotel, the food was delicious and service good. We also had breakfast one day - which was plentiful and delicious.

If you are looking for a hotel in central Wiesbaden, with comfortable, spotless rooms, great staff and a spa - this is the place for you! I highly recommend. It's not often I give 5 stars but it is definitely worth it, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and couldn't fault the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard view if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Miss_Kitten,

Thanks for the very positive review.
It's nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.
We have shared your feedback with our staff and we are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

kind regards