Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel
Hotel Oranien(Wiesbaden)
$114
$110
  • Restaurant
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsoldest hotelbath housespa areasteam roomfacing the streetold worldhigh ceilingsbeautiful hotelhot springsroom servicethermal waterclassic hotelhotel barhotel staffthe main shopping streetroom raterooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed here as part of a business trip. The hotel is a short 30 minute walk from the Wiesbaden HBF train station and is found on the edge of the Altstadt section of town.

The staff at the check in desk were efficient and friendly. The hotel dates back several hundreds of years and it still maintains a look of elegance.

My room was 101 which was located facing the street right above the entrance to the hotel. Across the street was the Palast hotel building and the park where you can see hot water fountains. Even though it was facing the street, the room was very quiet. The bath room was updated. My wifi connection was more than fast enough for my requirements.

Below the hotel is a bath house with a pool with water fed by thermal springs. They have sauna and steam rooms (coed). They provide spa services with several treatment rooms. The pool and sauna rooms were open to 10:00 pm. In my room, there were robes and slippers provided to use when going to the bath house.

The breakfast buffet in the restaraunt had a wide selection of hot and cold foods to satisfy anyone.

They have a separate bar that was open late and had a warm cozy feel to it.

Its location next to the Altstadt is very convenient. It is a short walk to the Kurhaus or to the shops and restaurants in the Altstadt.

If you feel the need to have a modern hotel with all of the amenities, this is not the hotel for you. But, if you enjoy architecture, you can appreciate how the renovations at the Schwarzer Bock have tried to keep the old world touch with their upgrades.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ct-cruisers
Reviewed January 29, 2011

My check-in was the quickest and most friendly that I have had in a long time. I was actually shocked since I have been travelling for a while and the customer serviece has been definitely lacking. The rooms have been updated with beautiful bathrooms, etc. The only non updated feature was the TV. The location was right at the edge of the shopping district and so many great resaurants within a 5min walk. The best part for me was the Bathouse. The warm water thermal pool even for a short dip was so relaxing. Also, breakfast was spectacular with a lot of variety. And the staff once again delivered on good restaurant recommendations

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SCauwels
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Radisson never fails. Doesn't matter if it's newly renovated or keeps the touch of traditional interior design - like the one in Wiesbaden. For visitors to this awe-inspiring German town, former spa, it's a great pick. For business travelers visiting Frankfurt - that might be a bit too far away.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable, bathroom facilities a bit outdated. Staff very nice and helpful. Also brekfast buffet will meet your gourmet requirements!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorotka_BS
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I went to Wiesbaden with my parents as they were visiting me in Germany during my business trip. They booked Radisson, and I was expecting a 5 star level, but it didn't appear to be even 4 star. The location is good, especially if you are into shopping, plus it's a 15 min walk to the main train station.
But the state of the rooms was poor. Unfotunately I didn't make any pictures, but the bathroom was in a deteriorating state. Mould on the bath seals, old taps, etc.
The staff was not pleasant either. On our check in the girl at he reception treated us with kind of superiority, and when I explained that my parents don't speak English or German, the disdain even grew. I would think maybe she was on pms, but there was a striking difference in the attitude when a German group arrived. She was so polite and friendly, saying "We have been waiting for you"... That left us with a bitter feeling of being discriminated on the basis of our nationality (Russians).
Anyway, my parents were not that picky and didn't complain a lot during their stay of 5 days. The only thing was that the cleaning personnel removed water glasses from their rooms, which was a bit weird and uncomfortable as they had to look after their grandchild aged 2.
It is definitely not a 5 star hotel and is pleading for a makeover.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Very tired looking and overpriced hotel with poorly motivated staff...bar far the worst hotel that we stayed at during our 15 day European tour