“Top Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We love Thai food and eat it regularly, and this has to be a standout restaurant from anywhere in the world. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor we decided straight away to try the Chookdee Thai as we were only a few metres away in the Ibis. We also booked early which is very definitely a must, as others have said. My husband chose a 'lie-down' seat by the window, where you climb onto the platform (without shoes!) and recline gracefully among the colourful pillows. Even on a weekday it was soon busy at 7pm. One downside of the window reclining seats is that if someone leaves the door open there can be a severe draught.
But no wonder. The small area is beautiful decorated with much wood and typical Thai flashes of colour from brass and cloths. The food had a freshness and a uniqueness that is sometimes lacking in Asian restaurants. (you order a pork, or a chicken, or a beef as a variation on a theme, supplied by the sauce!). But here was very different. The meat was delicate and tender and the anise flavour of my beef permeated just enough to give the dish zing. I ordered my favourite Tom Yum salad which had papaya on top. The service from the Thai girls was charming and efficient.
One of my favourite tests of a restaurant for cleanliness and trustworthiness is to look up high at the décor. Here even the highest piece of elaborately carved wood and brass accessory gleamed brightly. Not a sign of dust or cobwebs. No intrusive music and the quiet chat from around made a pleasant atmosphere.
For the cost of 43 euros this was a fabulous meal and if we had stayed longer would have returned in the same week.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place has yummy food and is always full in the evenings. It is the first place I think of when I want Thai food in Wiesbaden.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

A small but beautifully decorated restaurant, with excellent food and service. If you're there with a group you might want to try the shared cocktail - basically a punchbowl with four long straws!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My family and I went for dinner here and the food was pretty good. Small restaurant so make sure you call ahead to see if there is space. Nicely decorated. As others have said, it is a bit spicy so make sure you are prepared or have them adjust how spicy the dish is if need be.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great Thai food in Wiesbaden! Small restaurant, great atmosphere, friendly service. It's all good.