“Charming, Large Portions, Tasty, and Attractively Presented”
Review of Webers Wikinger

Webers Wikinger
Ranked #6 of 607 Restaurants in Wiesbaden
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nestled in the walking district of downtown Wiesbaden, little hard to find based on address and if it's your first time there, this is definitely worth the visit. Small, cozy, a 'Landhaus" atmosphere and very good food.
Our table ordered the tomato soup for appetizer plus several side salads (not knowing how BIG the portions would be.) The tomato soup was very well seasoned and topped high with cream. An average eater would get plenty with the soup and a side salad but we didn't know that! Several ordered the turkey schnitzel, a few ordered the vegetable skillet, there were 2 salads with turkey strips as well plus one with strips of smoked salmon. Everyone wanted someone else's dinner, everyone wanted to sample every single dish and all were terrific. I could eat there every night for a week and have something different and NOT be disappointed.

Service was friendly, prompt, and accommodating. Prices of everything we ordered were reasonable, the most expensive dish was about 14 Euro. Salads were enormous and the schnitzels were huge and you were served not just one but two schnitzels on your plate. Don't miss the bratkartoffeln either.

Reservations are a MUST, this is a small restaurant!

One final note, driving in downtown Wiesbaden is DANGEROUS - it's like driving in Italy. Parking can also be problematic, the restaurant is in a walking zone. We were in the Theater Parking House, it was about a 7 minute walk. Rest of our group was by the bus station, there is also a Parking House there.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We went here because some of our party wanted steak and I wanted something German. None of us were disappointed. Food was excellent, staff were very good and the atmosphere inside with music in the background that enhanced the ambience of the evening helped to make this a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I highly recommend this restaurant. I wanted some German food and had some great schnitzel with cauliflower and hollandaise. Also, the cream of tomato soup was so tasty. The atmosphere is very cozy with heavy wood beams that give it a good German feel as well as a nice fire place in the center of the first floor. The place was quite full on a Wednesday night in Winter. There service was spectacular for me. I was on business eating alone and had plenty of attention from multiple wait staff.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The food was good but the service was pretty bad! I wouldn't recommend it just because of the rudeness and the lazy waiters that were working there on Sunday evening.
We ordered 2 steaks on lava stone, salad and one dark and one crystal beer. A young waiter brought us 2 dark ones. I said, I ordered a cristal bier. He looked at me and said: YOU ORDERED A DARK BEER...and he turned his angry face and left.
They never came to ask us if we want anything else. His attitude was very ridiculous. We were there to spend money and enjoy the night but it became just a bad dining experience. After we eat our food, we stayed a bit more, our beer needed some top up, he never asked us if we wanted another beer or desert. During this time they were chatting at the bar ignoring us. We ordered our bill. Just after paid, we left.
No thanks for the tips, no good bye, just a horrible silence!
I just hope this young waiter will be fired and the chef gets the tips we left for him!

2  Thank Marceloff
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We went here for a business dinner with colleagues. The food and service was tremendous. I had the roast goose which was delightful. Erverybody in our party enjoyed their food.

It has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank ct-cruisers