“Not very Greek”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this place on good Friday as we were looking for a Greek restaurant in Wiesbaden and the reviews for this one were great.
We did not make a reservation for a table but didn't have to wait at all. The service is very friendly and attentive.
However the food and the atmosphere were not Greek at all. Both our dishes have not even been served with tzatziki or something like that and the menu does not keep any vegetarian main dishes.

In my opinion this is a good restaurant, but i wouldn't have guessed it was Greek besides the name.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My sister and I were visiting Wiesbaden for the day and looked up restaurants in the area that were in walking distance & were lucky enough to find this Greek place. We do not speak German yet and our server was so kind and friendly enough to take the time to explain his "favorites" and all of his suggestions (as they were a little slower-getting ready to close for lunch). The family atmosphere was great. You could see your food being cooked and it was a great meal. She ordered the warm vegtable plate and I ordered the Gyros lunch plate and sharred. It was enough food! The price was very acceptable for the beers, food, & friendly service (30 euros). Cant wait to go back and order the other "Favorites" suggested and another Ouzo shot, Ja Mas! :)

3  Thank MCiesla
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The owners are all family and very warm and friendly. The food is excellent and they always make sure you are enjoying yourself.

2  Thank Kara79
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've gone there a few time for lunch with work mates. Nice place and the family running it is very friendly and helpful. Another reviewer said "bring plenty of time with you". I agree. I like the place but it takes a while. Maybe I should cool my jets and kick back to a Mediterranean time scale. I still recommend it.

1  Thank FnJ90
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Book in advance...it's popular. Lovely terrace on a residential street in the summer, cosy inside otherwise. The mixed grill is huge, and delicious! If the firendly staff take a liking to you, there will definitely be a shot of Ouzo at the end of the evening!