“A nice place to stay”

Historisches Weinhotel Zum Grunen Kranz
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on a business trip in the area. It is a beautiful old building with lots of character, in the historic old town. My room was small but quite adequate, so was the ensuite bathroom. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was very quiet at night.
I had an excellent dinner of traditional German food in the restaurant downstairs, on the covered patio. The staff where friendly and helpful.
There street is a pedestrian zone, there is a large car park about 100 meters away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mrcheddar

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Came to check in and no welcome, just told to sit down at a table by a grumpy staff member. We had travelled from Canada and were exhausted. After a long wait and no attention, I approached the staff member and was rudely told that she did not have time and I just had to wait. it was apparent that we were an annoyance to her and she continued to pur drinks behind the bar. Finally, I had it and asked to speak to the manager. I was told he was outside and I could go an look for him which I did but was not able to find him. I came back and after much huffing and puffing, she gave us the key. She seemed really upset and had we not alrady paid for the reservation, we would just have left. I speak some German so it was not a langauage barrier, it was just a really poor attitude.
The room looked nice and clean but came to realize that the sink was clogged and TV not working. Went down to see if someone could take a look at the TV. The only staff member available yelled at me that there was noone and it was not his problem that my TV was broken. Normally, I would have cared less about the TV but travelling with a 6 year old on a 9 hours time difference, it was important. The staff member yelled at me and I truly felt that uncomfortable and almost threathened by his behaviour. I was rather chocked!
I informed the reception at check out and the receptionist just said yes yes and did not seemed particular concerned about my experience with these two staff members.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank louise123667281
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Lovely characterful hotel with friendly, helpful staff. A perfect base for exploring the area. Great food. They even laid on the sun for us! Alison

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Zum Grunen Kranz last month and found it to be perfect. The location was an excellent choice for catching our Rhine Cruise the next morning. Dinner and breakfast were delicious. The people were charming and did everything they could to make us happy. We would love to stay with them again someday.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 58livinlavidaloca77
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had a great holiday using the Hotel. The Hotel is in a wonderful area of old Rudesheim and is full of character. We were on a Group Walking and Cycling holiday with Ramblers Holidays and this was a very comfortable base for us. The food was excellent, the rooms very comfortable and all the staff could not have been more hepful. Ralph Nagler the owner of the Hotel was a great assistance to us and the fact that he has very reasonably priced bicycle rental available was a great bonus. Rudesheim is a wonderful place and I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This place goes down as one of my wifes and I favorites of our two week adventure through Europe.First let me say after traveling through big cities like Amsterdam, Koln and Prague, Rudesheim was a breath of fresh air,Laid back town that gets busy during the day with the Rhine boat trips.Staying at the Zum Grunen was great, the location, decour, comfort, food and hospitality were all top notch.The Owner or manager is a great lady who greets you with a glass of local Reisling.She also went out of her way when we were leaving to mapquest and print directions for our next 3 hr drive.I dont use Gps so all road maps.The breakfast is perfect and plentiful and the waitresses are super nice.All in all a great place cant wait to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This was our first trip to Germany. We found the hotel reasonably priced since we had a room with 2 sleeping areas. The food was very good; supper and breakfast. The staff was very helpful and nice. Very close to everything; center of town. The only things to be aware of are the church bells nearby begin at 7 AM, there is no elevator, parking is a couple blocks away for 6 Euro/day, and the bathroom door is frosted glass. Each room seems to have a different floor plan. None of these were a problem for us, so we enjoyed our 3-night stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple