“Great food - reasonably priced”

Hotel Unter den Linden Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great food - reasonably priced”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

On a very wet evening it was a pleasure to find somewhere good to eat. We both had soups as a starter (I had the tomato and basil, my husband had the trio of three deifferent soups. I then had the salmon with mediterranean vegetables and tagliatelle and my husband had the veiner schnitzel with chantelles and potato croquettes. The portion sizes were so large we did not have room for desert!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Shina W

“Atmosphere +++”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We chose Assmannshausen for our overnight stay after our Rhine cruise because it is small and has lots of charm. We checked every place to eat before choosing this lovely restaurant overlooking the Rhine. It looked so welcoming with it's vine covered outside tables and waiting staff in period costume and it was busy with all the others who agreed with our choice.

The waitress spoke little English but was very helpful and friendly.
The food was delicious and she advised us to try the famous wine from Assmannshausen which I think she said had been made for 1,000 years.

The delicious Wiene Schnitzel cost 10.90 Euro and my Rinderroulade was juicy, full of flavour and attractively presented.

Our only disappointment was sharing the smoke from our neighbouring tables but that was most places in Europe.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank buderimba
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful lunch in a Weingarten”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We sat on the terrace, listened to music, ate bratwurst and drank Rudesheim white wine. You can also watch the street activity. We tried the Riesling soup, which was so delicious and the special "White Asparagus" now in season together with 2 orders of roast bratwurst. The Brats come with fried or french fried potatoes or sauerkraut or vegetables. Zer gut.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Malachy F
westport, ontario
“Good wine, average food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I wanted to try regional specialties so we had local wines and dishes. the red sparkling wine was a novelty and quite tasty. The free amuse bouche of curried butter and bread was a surprise and a palette cleanser. I had the soup with pancake strips which was full of chicken and vegetables and a flavourful broth. The rest of the meal was not as successful. My husband's dumplings were an odd texture to go with his sauerbraten which was quite tasty. I had some pork dish that was the chef's special coated in cheese and smothered in vegetables and cream sauce. I was the loser in the competition of who had the best dish. The worst part was getting the bill. The wait was almost a half hour and then the waitress was mad at us for our impatience. I wouldn't go back again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank althorper
“Traditional german cuisine, served in breathtaking surroundings. The dishes are huge (!) so if you order a 3-course...”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Traditional german cuisine, served in breathtaking surroundings. The dishes are huge (!) so if you order a 3-course dinner you better be prepared for stomach aches :p

2 Thank JesperMehlsen