Tripadvisor
Ruedesheim am Rhein

Ways to Experience Weinkoepfe - Grape Escapes
from $278.20
More Info
All reviews german wines carl rheinhessen specialties wineries winemaker learning fun tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Carl did an incredible job picking amazing small wineries for us and was a great host. My friends and I all had a wonderful day, drank amazing wine, and discovered how much we’ve been missing out on German wines. Could not recommend a tour with Carl enough!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

First off I will say a day spent with Carl will not be a day wasted. He is awesome and by the end of the day my wife and I felt like lifelong friends. Great tour. Carl has done his homework and knows lots of locals that offer a very personal experience. You will not be disappointed. Highly recommended and If my wife and I ever go back, we will book the tour just to see Carl.

Reviewed November 18, 2019

We had an incredible time on our tour, great wine, great food and an unpretentious education about wine and the industry!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019

The guide goes the extra mile for a memorable top-quality experience. The welcome came with breakfast of traditional bread and salami sticks from the local village bakery, accompanied by coffee and even glasses of bubbly. I love these little touches he brings to the tour. For example, he drove us via the scenic routes, for oodles of photo stops.

He also knows the history and geography quite well, and we learned a lot about the region's specialties. The number of winemakers we visited was maximized -- we got a taste from 50+ bottles in one day -- with room for checking out cellars not in the plan.

Recommendations are on point: from sites to hotel to dinner place, everything was excellent. He basically worked on our vague idea of what we wanted to do and created a seamless weekend that hit all the right spots.

Overall, a lovely and relaxing holiday thanks to Weinkoepfe. I would highly recommend to anyone curious about German wines.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

We took the tour in May and there were 4 of us, my wife and a couple from Hong Kong. The guide Carl was really on top of everything with a lot of energy, really made it a wonderful experience. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotels. This area is known for white wines which is what we expected, but I must admit I prefer red wines given a choice. I enjoyed the white wines we sampled which may have expanded my palate. And Carl made sure we found some red wines from the area which are based on the Pinot Noir grape which was new to us, Spatburgunders are a great red from Germany! The scenery was great and Carl accommodated our desire to stop and get some photos of the country side.

Date of experience: May 2019