“Nice hotel in Offenbach”

Sheraton Offenbach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Offenbach
Barbados
“Nice hotel in Offenbach”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. The Room was ok, nice beds, clean, internet service expensive, food in the restaurant was very nice, no german food on the Menu which was sad.

The free wifi in the lobby never worked.

Its the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Stay near the lifts
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SheratonOffenbach, Personal Assistant to General Manager and Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear hugo h,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your heartfelt, valuable review regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you could enjoy a nice time in a good location.

It would be a pleasure for us to see you as a guest in our hotel again soon.

With warm regards,

Leokadia Wellner
Personal Assistant to General Manager and Human Resources

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is built on a former castle's property (the castle is still there in the back) and seems to be a good location for a few days if one is doing a tour of Germany. Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are mostly pleasant, food in the restaurant was lovely. Close to a nice shopping area and restaurants. Also close to the subway for heading into Frankfurt.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SheratonOffenbach, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear mjs7844,

Let me thank you on behalf of the entire team of the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel for having taken a moment of your time to share your impressions with us. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to read you had such a memorable stay with us!

It is true, that the hotel is located right in the heart of Offenbach, which means the cinty center, as well as the river area are within walking deistance. In case our guests would like to visit Frankfurt´s city center or the exhibition ground, we suggest to take the metro / S-Bahn, which takes a maximum of 15 - 20 minutes. and is really comfortable.

On any upcoming visit I will be happy to find more highlights in & around Offenbach to visit and meantime I remain,

With warm regards

Vanessa Witsch

Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Lots of towels and pretty clean. However, internet is only available in the lobby and free only if you sign up for a free hotel membership at the front desk. I wish there was an electric tea kettle in the room because I love my tea in the mornings, but that's just a personal request. If you're looking for adapters for your electronics or toiletries or food they are right by a shopping area where you will find stores like Saturn and Rewe. The staff can direct you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SheratonOffenbach, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Syncity20,

Thank you very much for your evaluation and for sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us and the Tripadvisor community - your detailled discriptions are surely appreciated by many other travellers!

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time spend at the Sheraton Offenbach hotel and on any upcoming stay I will be happy to arrange the room as per your individual requests. Feel free to contact me directly and meantime I remain,

With warm regards from the entire team,

Vanessa Witsch
Front Office Manager
vanessa.witsch@sheraton.com
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Close to s-bahn S1 and S8 (direct to Hbf and Flughafen). Only 25 minutes to the Messe. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Very welcoming service from front desk staff and housekeeping. Great option for reasonably priced accommodation during fairs when Frankfurt city hotels ratchet their prices to unreasonable levels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear EconReali...,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel at TripAdvisor.

I totally agree with you, our hotel is a great alternative to stay in Frankfurt city. And we are located very central in Offenbach, just across the street are some restaurants and the shopping area.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our nice Hotel. Especially I like to thank you related to your comment of staff. We are always glad to read such nice words, this motivates us in a certain extent.

I hope we can welcome you soon again!

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the Offenbach at the beginning and end of our bus tour through Eastern Europe. The hotel was adequate and the staff friendly. We did not have a safe in our room but were told they are in the process of renovating all their rooms. The breakfast was good although when one of our fellow travellers asked for orange juice from a staff member passing by with a tray of orange juice, we were told we are not entitled to the “real orange juice” because we are part of a bus tour and, therefore, only paying 7 euros for our breakfast as opposed to other guests who are paying 22 euros. Guess that only entitles us to Tang. If that’s the case, I would have to say the breakfast is not worth 22 euros. I don’t object to the practise so much as the way were told. The free wifi in the lobby was spotty. We found out later from another guest that you can ask reception for a code that allows you to have free wifi in your room. It would have been nice to be told this when I originally went to the desk to ask about their wifi. The location was okay for our purposes but I would prefer something closer to the centre of town if visiting Frankfurt for any length of time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Khalessi_1,

Thank you very much for posting a review of your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I regret that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. Certainly it is not our intention to be average. We offer free wifi in our lobby at the link@sheraton for all our guests. I am a little bit surprised about the information you get from other guests, that the internet is complimentary in our rooms. In the executive room the internet is included in the room rate. In our superior and classic room category the internet is not free of charge.
Please accept my sincere apologize for the occurrence at our restaurant. Certainly you should get orange juice. I have talked to our restaurant team and unfortunately we could not explain why somebody told you that you were not entitled to get orange juice. Our restaurant manager have talked to all the staff and coached them intensively that this is unacceptable. We frequently do comprehensive trainings and I assure you that this does not represent our usual standards.

Even though you prefer to stay directly in Frankfurt on your next visit, I really hope we can welcome you again at our property to convince you of our service.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Was given a room in the first floor. Room was very dark, poor ventilation and there was a foul smell in the room.

Breakfast was great - vast selection available.

Great Italian restaurant about 5 mins walk away. Shopping centre nearby.

Would recommend that you ask for a room on a another floor if you were allocated a room on the first floor

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Wowadventuree
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Wowadventuree,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are always thankful if guests spend their time to provide us a feedback, so we can improve our service.

I regret that you did not enjoy the ambiance of our rooms. I am a little bit surprised about the smell your wright about. This is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I am sure this was an exception. We would be happy if you would inform us during your stay so we can react directly.
Please be assured that we take your comment very serious und will discuss it in our management.

I really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Milano
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property three nights, and that was my second time. Both times the hotel was full due to a world exhibition in Frankfurt, so I was not expecting an upgrade. Yet, I would not have expected it anyway. While staying at several SPG properties in Germany from Munich, to Dusseldorf or Berlin, I got a jr. Suite only once, which makes me thinking a certain thrift in upgrades is a kind of local biz attitude.
Front desk staff was always kind, smiling, responsive, as well as at the bar or at the restaurant.
Rooms are far too small and sloppy, in particular if compared to the very high price (Offenbach is not Piccadilly or Time Square!).
It is very conveniently located nearby a Subway station, so that it takes just one quarter to reach Frankfurt downtown, the Messe or the central station.
Breakfast is excellent, while wifi connection is sufficiently fast.
Average almost in everything but in the astonishingly high price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Neoteros,

I regret that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. Certainly it is not our intention to be average. Please be advised that we have one suite at the hotel, that’s the reason why we could not give upgrades to suites like you expected.
You are right Offenbach is not Piccadilly or the Time Square, but due to the exhibition in Frankfurt, the rates raises in the whole area of Frankfurt and Offenbach. However our hotel standards did not meet your expectations. If there is anything we can do to make your future stays more comfortable please contact me directly (mareike.suderleith@sheraton.com).

Thank you very much for commending our staff for their friendliness!
I hope we can welcome you again at our property.

Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources
Also consider these accommodations in or near Offenbach
Innenstadt
NH Collection Frankfurt City
NH Collection Frankfurt City
#7 of 269 in Frankfurt
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Sheraton Offenbach Hotel? Share your experiences!