“Very Good Hotel outside of Frankfurt City-Center”

Sheraton Offenbach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Offenbach
Reviewed January 18, 2013

While the Sheraton Offenbach is not in Frankfurt, they list themselves as a Frankfurt hotel, which can be somewhat confusing. That said, the metro runs right outside the hotel and it is a quick and simple journey into central Frankfurt as well as to the airport if desired.

Guest Rooms are simple, with beds on the smaller side - these are the American equivalent of a full-sized bed, which can be unexpected at times. However, for just one person I find these to be fine and the rooms while not modern are clean and functional.

Internet in the hotel is expensive, around 20 euro per day, but this is industry standard across Germany and will likely not come as a surprise to regular travelers. The hotel does offer complimentary internet in the lobby area if you just need to quickly check messages, although during my stay there were some issues with the free internet not working.

Breakfast, if included in your guest room rate, is delicious and very generous - buffet of all that you might desire and I saw some individuals also indulging in champagne which I think is a nice touch.

We did try to have dinner in the restaurant one night, which while fine, was extraordinarily slow for the number of tables being served (I think there were 3 tables total, no more than 5-6 people in all), though it took over an hour for our soups and salads to be served. 30 mintues... then soup... another 25 for the salads - it was quite long, but the food was fine and fresh.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this property as it is convenient, moderately priced and functional.

Room Tip: I had an "executive" room, which didn't seem any different than a traditional guest ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Traveler104,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experiences at our property with us and the Tripadvisor community.
I really appreciate the time you spend in your very detailed comment and your recommendation.

I am happy that you could enjoy our delicious and fresh breakfast buffet. I agree with you, the choice is really great. Did you try our homemade products? Our executive chef is baking own bread and he cooks different sorts of marmalade. We offer these at the breakfast buffet or you can buy it for a tasteful experience at home.

Please accept my sincere apologize for the long waiting time in our restaurant at dinner. We set a high value on an individual, high class and fast service. But I am happy that you enjoyed the food.

Dear Traveler104, I am looking forward to welcome you soon again.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Offenbach Hotel

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is one of my least favorite Sheraton Hotels that I have ever stayed at. The blanket on the bed barely covered the top of the bed, so if your tall your gonna have an interesting time staying completely under the covers. The room is just okay, nothing fancy at all but rather basic. There was not even a complimentary water bottle in the room for a platinum member. If your looking for a clean hotel that is basic in every respect you will definitely find it here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peeples15,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for providing your feedback to us.

I regret that you did not enjoy your stay at our property and I am upset that the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel is your least favourite one.

I am a little bit surprised about your comment regarding the bottle of water. We offer the complimentary water in our superior and executive rooms. I apologize that it was not provided in your room.

Dear Peeples15, it is definitely not our goal to be a “basic” hotel. So we take your comment very serious and will investigate what we can do to exceed your expectations in the future.

I really hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Sheraton Offenbach, this is a hotel you can live without it, it's boring no wireless internet at rooms, breakfast and internet connection pretty expensive. Rooms are very standard. Staff the same.

regards

Pedro

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Pedro G,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us and the TripAdvisor community.

It is our highest goal to impress our guests with an extraordinary service. I truly regret that we could not make you feel like home during your stay at our property.

Dear Pedro G, we are planning to install Wifi in the rooms and hope we can offer you this service as soon as possible. I am sure this will make your stay more comfortable.

I hope we can welcome you soon again to assure you of our remarkable service.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean, comfortable and modern. I felt that the blanket was strangely small for the bed, nut they did have a second one there. The room could be lit better too. These are perhaps the only two "issues" I actually have with this hotel.

The breakfast is absolutely outstanding! 22 Euros and it is so fresh, tastey and of high quality. There are more choices of food than I could possibly list!

This hotel is a great alternative to staying in Frankfurt city itself.

• Stayed: January 2013
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear druckey,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel at TripAdvisor. I really appreciate your kind words and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

For most guests the breakfast is the most important meal to start the day in a good way. So we set a high value of balanced and fresh choices of food. I am happy that you enjoyed it and I will forward your feedback to our restaurant and kitchen team. Such comments are always high motivating for the entire team.

I totally agree with you, our hotel is a great alternative to stay in Frankfurt city. And we are located very central. Just across the street is Offenbach downtown, with a nice shopping area and good restaurants. In front of the hotel is a subway station, the subway brings you to Frankfurt city in 15 Minutes.

I hope we can welcome you soon again!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Starwood Gold ; told i was upgraded on arrival when in fact was downgraded two room levels as per the hotel web site. I booked an executive showing a large room with two windows and a park view. What i received was a tiny room with one window and a wall view. Unacceptable cramped room with no seating and very uncomfortable bed. No wi-fi although seemingly indicated on the web site. If you are using current technology and do not have an Ethernet then you are out of business. The desk staff suggested that i use the lobby as to suggest i come down at midnight to work against the time change. I then insisted that the hotel install a wi-fi router in my room and was told that the engineer stated it would not work. Although I requested that he try, they would not accommodate me. I left the hotel to walk over the the Saturn electronics store, purchased a wi-fi router and imagine that,,,,it worked. The shower water changed temperatures excessively.

The hotel did switch my room and refunded the cost of the wireless router. The restaurant was good at any mealtime and the staff were very friendly. The front desk however were mechanical and until I raised the temperature nothing happened.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Reuven_R,

thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property.

I am happy that I had the possibility to talk to you personally during your stay and that we could clear your points of criticism.

I regret that our rooms did not fulfil your expectations, but I think my colleague provided you a nice room where you could enjoy your stay.
Even though there where some disappointing points for you, it is good to hear, that you enjoyed our restaurant.

Dear Reuven_R, if there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We would be delighted to welcome you soon again at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Large Hotel
Good Parking with direct access to the lobby through several lifts
Good breakfast (really good)
Room: Large, quiet nicely decorated, but with 2 weaknesses: The mattresses are not very good - feels like cheap foam mattresses and the water in the shower switched between scalding hot and cold every 5 seconds no matter what I tried.
Free Wifi in the Lobby but nowhere else :-( (in a business Hotel???)

So overall it is "ok" but nothing great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelRaoul
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear TravelRaoul,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I have good news for you: We are planning to install Wifi in the rooms and hope we can offer you this service as soon as possible.
I regret the problems you had in your room. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is conceptual designed to afford our guests the highest sleep comfort and I feel sorry that you did not sleep very well in our beds.

Dear TravelRaoul, we would be pleased if you would stay with us again at you next visit to Offenbach.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the past years and reading some of the reviews here I am a bit surprised. The hotel may not offer as many amenities as other Sheraton hotels worldwide but in comparison to other chain hotels in Germany, it is a good choice. The room prices are always much more reasonable than Frankfurt and I prefer Offenbach to the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt, especially when I just looking for a nice comfortable room to stay a night.

Check-in staff are always very polite and professional and you are always made to feel more than welcome.The restaurant is worth mentioning here, the quality and taste of the food is really good and the ingredients are fresh. We have eaten here several times for dinner but have not tried the breakfast since I am not a big breakfast person.

Rooms are large and comfortable and the ones that we have stayed in always had fairly large bathrooms. Due to my SPG status, we are often upgraded so that might explain why we have never found the rooms or bathrooms to be small. Towels were a bit threadbare though.

The only downside is that the last time we visited the hotel, the restaurant personnel were not very friendly. Although the restaurant nearly empty, service was not very attentive or polite. They weren't rude, curt would be a better description.

All in all - a pretty good hotel for a one night stay and I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Jetsetrose,

Thank you so much for your kind words and that you took your time to share your experiences with us.

Comments like yours shows us that all of our employees doing a great job and I will definitely forward your comment to them.

I regret your last experience at our restaurant. It is a pity that your positive opinion about our hotel loos a bit standing because of this.

Dear Jetsetrose, I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.