“Below Sheraton's average”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Offenbach
Warsaw, Poland
“Below Sheraton's average”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've stayed in Sheraton Offenbach for a few days while visiting friends in Frankfurt. As I was a little tight on the budget I've chosen this hotel over Westin Grand Frankfurt.

The other thing I took under consideration was parking. I got a decent rate for room with parking package. Service was nice, and even with late arrival parking space for me was reserved. Hotel is 15min drive from Frankfurt city centre so in this case that was a deal.

The biggest downside of the hotel are outdated and worn out rooms. On SPG website hotel is categorised as "level 3", but it can't compare to any other "level 3" Sheraton or Westin I've visited in Poland or USA. Also beds was very tiny.

There was some mixup with rooms and reservation during check in but staff handled it swiftly with no hassle.

If you're traveling by car it may be deal for you but don't expect to indulge in hotel surrounding.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Often_Traveling_J…,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are always thankful if guests spend their time to provide us a feedback, so we can improve our service.

Our hotel is located very central and within a few minutes you can reach Frankfurt. I am glad that you could profit from our parking garage and that you made a good deal with the package.

But unfortunately we could not fulfil your expectations with the room. I feel very upset that you did not like them at all. Our single rooms are provided with queen size beds, so it might be more comfortable for you to book a double room with a king size bed inside at your next stay.

I really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay here regularly due to business travel in a nearby town. Although I couldn't rate Offenbach as a place to visit, I really like this hotel. The staff are friendly and engaging, the rooms are spacious and the service is unquestionable. As a loyalty card holder and frequent visitor, I get free Internet which is admittedly costly if you do have to pay and as a one-off guest, I would probably object to the cost. The hotel itself isn't cheap so I would expect a good service. However, I have stayed regularly in other hotels of the same cost where the service hasnt been as good as this. Really I would recommend it especially for business travel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear roff5,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and for sharing your experiences with us and the TripAdvisor community.

As a frequent guest you know our hotel and service very well and I am happy that we could fulfil your expectations all the time. Especially I like to thank you for your great comments of our team members. It is a great honour for us to get such a nice feedback.

Dear roff5, I really hope we can welcome you back again at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Only stayed for one night before a group tour. Room was clean and spacious for one person. Slept like a log so the bed must be good. The hotel has a nice looking restaurant. Breakfast was busy before 7am perhaps due to tour group guests. There was a made to order egg station but the line was long so did not make use of it. There were smoked salmon and nice pastries. There were not enough glasses for juice and bowls for yogurt. I probably did not see a lot of food at breakfast due to the crowd. Outside the hotel, there is a pub that serves beer and food (pizzas, pastas, burgers, schnitzels and other German food that I don't recognize as I don't speak German). I tried the margarita pizza and it was good and the waitress was nice. Across the street is a sidestreet that takes you to a market area where you could find fruit stands, fast food establishments, bakeries, souvenir shops and even a C&A and an H&M. It looked like a big shopping area that I did not explore much due to the rain. Overall the hotel is a nice place to stay in my humble opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RoyaltyC
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear RoyalityC,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel and that you took some time to share your experiences with us.

It is very important for us to get feedbacks, so we can improve our service. We always feel honoured to receive such a nice feedback.
Unfortunately you did not get the possibility to enjoy our whole breakfast buffet due to a crowd. I really hope you will stay with us again and that you can enjoy all of our delicious breakfast facilities.

I would be delight to welcome you soon again at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in a standard double room for a week on business. The hotel is clean, tidy, and comfortable all round but the decor was a bit dated (but not run down). The food was excellent (really) and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful (good English spoken all round). The hotel itself is not located very centrally though. There aren't many good restaurants around at all. However, it was located within a minute's walk from a subway station from where the city can be reached within 10 minutes (trains very frequent and run 24 hours). The gym is very small but equipped to an moderate standard. Internet was very expensive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SA-Girl-Gsy
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager and to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear SA-Girl-Gsy,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel and for your kind feedback. It is always our pleasure if guests take their time to share their experiences with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our nice Hotel. Especially I like to thank you related to your comment of staff and the quality of our restaurant. We are always glad to read such nice words, this motivates us in a certain extent.

Dear SA-Girl-Gsy, you are right. Our hotel is just a few minutes away from downtown Frankfurt by train and it is very easy to get there. We are located downtown Offenbach, where we do have also some nice restaurant around. Maybe we can give you some good recommendations at your next stay?

I really hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Beirut
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was surprised to see this old style hotel.. I had in mind that Sheraton Hotels are all the same all over the world. This Sheraton is very old and room are very small and very far from elevators. The location was good, and in general it is a very old looking hotel. I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RabihMoussa
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear RabihMoussa,

thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel and for your feedback.

I totally regret that we could not fulfil your expectations and that we have disappointed you in a certain extent. Please be assure that we take your comment very seriously.
For your next stay I can recommend you our nice executive rooms, they are more spacious then our classic rooms and I am sure we can reserve you one near the elevator.

Dear RabihMoussa, I hope you will give us another chance.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Just opposite Terminal One at Frankfurt Airport is what appears to be a huge ship to rival the Titanic, made of stainless steel, complete with multiple covered stairways on the side. Every time we drove past this monolith, my colleagues commented that we must stay there the next time we come to Germany as if the inside is half as impressive as the outside, it’ll surely be an experience to be remembered. Yes, it is a hotel, office building and shopping centre linked to Terminal One. We never had time to stop to look at this as we were always zipping past at high speed as we’re all tempted to do in this country of unlimited speed on the autobahns so we said we should check it out when we depart Frankfurt. Alas, as I was running true to form and ran late for my flight, I didn’t have time to go and explore it!

But my point here is that this is what we see on the surface but what’s most important to us in our hotel stays? I travel extensively clocking up 236 hotel nights last year so I have a good basis of comparison between hotels.

I wrote in an earlier review that it’s always the service and so it was no different at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel. An example of this on my first day in Offenbach, Felix at reception gave me suggestions for sightseeing in and around Offenbach. One very helpful tip was to take the S-Bahn train into Frankfurt with information and maps on which station to get off and what there was to see and do in Frankfurt. Felix said that driving my rental car into Frankfurt would be so frustrating as finding car parks there is next to impossible, and so it was!

At breakfast the first morning, or should I say afternoon, as breakfast on Saturdays goes up to 1430! Unheard of previously but I love it as I typically address my most urgent email as soon as I rise and this often takes hours. So this 1430 closing time for “brunch” is a great idea and I only wish other hotels would follow suit! At this brunch, the waitresses there were so friendly and helpful, particularly Inguna who took the time to chat with me because at that time of the day, I was the only diner there!

All of the staff here were very friendly and helpful and that more than made up for any shortcomings in the hotel.

Perhaps I shouldn’t call these “shortcomings” but more “room for enhancing the stay” but as I said, whilst I travel extensively, I find that hotels in differerent regions have different standards and criteria even though they’re from the same chain. In Europe and the US, I find Sheratons are more functional and basic compared to Asia and examples of this are things like having a fruit bowl and little “extras” in the room. As an example of this, I’ve just arrived at the Four Points Sheraton in Shenzhen and waiting in the room was a fruit bowl, vase of roses and a box of marshmallows! I’ll attach a photo of this.

Back to the Sheraton Offenbach, the room was fine and functional but there didn’t appear to be tea and coffee making facilities which is pretty common in most hotels now. Perhaps it’s a culture thing in German hotels, I don’t know?

There are two parts to the Sheraton Offenbach, the main hotel block and the historic conference centre next door and I was given a guided tour of the facilities here as our office in Raunheim doesn’t have conference facilities. The original building started off her life as a private home, the owner must have had a few dozen children and even more servants to fill it as it';s huge! It's now a conference centre, museum and other offices. Well worth looking at, even just for the historical benefit.

There’s an underground car park which was very convenient and I thought this was 8 euros per day but the charge on my bill came to 108 euros for 6 nights so perhaps it was 18 euros per night?
I pre-paid for this stay and the tariff was 83 euros, which I considered to be very reasonable.

I stay at a lot of hotels as mentioned and generally only write reviews on very good establishments or the ones that could be improved.

So summarising, and going back to hte opening of this review, what you see on the outside of the hotel may not be the most important thing about it! To reiterate, I consider the service is the most important and you'll get this at the Sheraton Offenbach in copious amounts!

The only true testimony is the answer to the question, "would I stay here again?" If only for the service or perhaps because of it, yes I would!

Room Tip: My room, 510, looked out into the courtyard but I think that a room looking out over the park or eve...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RayC888
SheratonOffenbach, Assistant to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear RayC888,

thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel. I really appreciate the time you spend in that!

I agree with you, the service is the most important in a hotel. It is very important to make a guest feel comfortable and welcomed.
So it is always our highest goal to impress our guests with our service and make them feel like home. It is my pleasure that we could impress you in this way.

I already forwarded you compliment to my colleagues, especially Felix and Inguna.
We are really happy and feel honoured about the kind words you find. This shows us that we are on the right way and motivates us in our daily business.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you soon again at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel.

Austria
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed in this hotel when having to spend a couple of nights in Frankfurt due to a plane switchover and this hotel provided the best rate.

The best thing is that there is a direct S-Bahn connection between the hotel and the airport, but the annoying fact is that Offenbach is not Frankfurt but only next to it. The locals told me that the hotel has been built on the place of a swimminghall, which could explain its bizarre architecture. However there is a nice garden outside, lovely inhouse bar and everything one could expect for a standard Sheraton.

If I have to stay in this hotel again, I would definitely invest into fulltime S-Bahn card to be able to commute more freely around and to Frankfurt.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SheratonOffenbach, Assistent to the General Manager & to Human Resources at Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear K H,

first of all I like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel and that you share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Offenbach is located next to Frankfurt and due to the S-Bahn station in front of our hotel our guests can go very easy and quickly to Frankfurt within just 10 minutes. When you visit us the next time I can recommend you to visit Offenbach. Directly across the street we do have a nice shopping area and coffee shops.
You are right, our lobby and restaurant area has been a swimming hall. Due to that fact the hotel has this unique design.

Dear K H, I see you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you spend a good time at our bar. I really hope to welcome you soon again and maybe we can bring you Offenbach a little bit closer.

Best wishes,