“Ramada experience in Kassel”
Review of H4 Hotel Kassel

H4 Hotel Kassel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Kassel
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel was close to our host, Wintershall and hence very convenient. WIFI is charged, but Euros 5 per day was reasoble and the breakfast was also good; with a Coffee Maker with various options (that the most liked part). Rooms are good, but no Kettle to make Tea/Coffee, but overall nothing to complain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your pleasant words concerning your last stay in our house. I recommend for your next stay a booking of our comfort rooms which include free wifi access, a kettle to make coffee and tea and much more.
Till then I wish you a good time.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My room was not well made. There was no toothpaste, brush or sandals. Am 187 cm and the blanket was too small. Didn't get a good sleep. You have to pay for internet (WiFi) if you want it in your room. Dinner at the restaurant was awful. Everything was frozen food, warmed up for you. Morning breakfast was alright. I would avoid this hotel in future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ebin X
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear guest, I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay in our hotel. You reserved a room of the standard categorie which doesn't include the items that you have mentioned in your evaluation. All those items like toothpaste, brush, sandals, free internet access and much more are included in our comfort categorie rooms. It would be great if you would give us another try when you travel to Kassel again.
Until then I wish you a nice time.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here while on business in Kassel, for one night earlier this week. Despite requesting a non-smoking room, I was given a smoking room which smelled awful and was very unpleasant to sleep in. Furthermore, there was no Wifi, no ironing board or iron (I asked for one at the front desk and was given an ironing board with a dirty, stained cover), no coffee/tea facility in the room, the room was cold, and the tiny bed was barely adequate for my stay. I picked up a towel after showering and it had obviously not been laundered for weeks, reeking of smoke and staleness. And I recommend management visit my room (313), pick up the hairdryer, and look carefully at the top of the handle: it is disgustingly filthy. In short, this hotel fell far short of my expectations for a business hotel in 2013: it was like staying at a hotel in the 1980s. I would not recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ODP
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear guest, I am really sorry about the bad experiences that you had during your stay. I understand that getting a smoker room as non smoker isn't nice. We already reacted on those circumstance and made one more floor to a non smoking floor. I hope we get a better mix of smoking/non smoking rooms then. I will check those not understandable issues concerning your comments about the linen and the hairdryer. Those is of course not acceptable.
But I like to point out that we do offer Wifi in our house with T-Mobile Hot Spots.
Again, I am really sorry that we made such a bad job during your stay.
I hope you give us a chance in the future to do better. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further comments or questions.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The inclusion of the words "city Centre" in the name of the hotel is not accurate, it's a tram ride away and not walkable in cold weather.
The cost of the internet is just ridiculous at 20 euros for 10 hours which doesn't even get you from evening to a morning check-out, - and other than that the ONLY option is to plug into the one ethernet connection in the Lobby, or use hotel computer, which is not practical for most business travellers.
Also beware of small beds -twins - in nearly all rooms, (this in spite of requesting full size beds) - price reasonable and breakfast good, but internet should be made either free or better value!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. At the moment we got a running contract with T-Com which offers Hot Spot. We are negotiating those contract currently for the next year and i'm pretty confident that we can offer a free or much cheaper opportunity then.
We hope to be of service to you in the future and if you got any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dennis Huehn

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room we were given was on the 9th floor. We had an amazing view of Kassel. Breakfast was simply perfect; huge choice of everything! The only downside to the hotel is the location. Its about 30min on foot to the city centre but, just 8 min by taxi.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear guest, many thanks for your very nice words. You could have used your room pass for public transportion without any costs as well. It lasts around 10 minutes till the city. I hope you had that information.
Kind regards

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were there at the end of August, I paid Eur 177 for a double room. We received towels stinking like hell, the matelas were hard like beton and the door of the "private, securized" garage door opens continuosly along the day without necessity.

When I complained the Manager opted for denying everything and then ignoring me. We will never be back to any Ramada Hotel!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scotch846
Dennis H, Manager at H4 Hotel Kassel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear guest, I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay. The mattress is always a subjektiv impression and it's impossible to strike the right one for every guest.
Your complaint at the manager of duty should have been taken seriously of course and I'm sorry that this didn't happen. Our garage works with a laser barrier and opens automatically. There must have been a technical defekt of it. But the garage is monitored by camera so it is mostly secured.
Hopefully you give Ramada another chance. Since then I wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ramada City Centre is not really in the City Centre. it is about a half hour walk to get to the centre. Good thing is that Konrad rent-a-bike is opposite of the hotel. Going around Kassel on a bike is very nice. Ramada offers their customers free transport with public transport. Tram is opposite of the hotel. The hotel itself must be stuck somewhere in the eighties. The room is old fashioned. It was not very clean. I had to stick a post-it on the bathroom door asking them to clean that particular door... In the bathroom you have these soap dispensers. Brrrr. That is so filthy. There were also two small shampoo and body lotion samples, which I could not use, because they had been used already (blegh). I threw them away but it was not refilled (we stayed 3 nights). Furthermore they have no WIFI in the rooms, only downstairs and in the restaurant on the first floor. Going on the internet, which you have to pay for, is quite a hassle in your room. The good thing about the room which was on the tenth floor was the view, which was wonderful. Looking out over Kassel and the hills. Breakfast in the restaurant was good, but it took some time to find a table which was not full with someone elses breakfast leftovers. Staff was okay, but not extremely polite. Also coming from the parking lot, it was quite awkward to have to drag your luggage into the hotel and into the room. Nobody to carry it for you. Not a four star quality hotel at all! I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the tenth floor, facing over the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Move61

Dear guest, i'm pretty shocked about this assessment. Our house is now 13 years old and can't be compared to newer, modern equiped hotels. But we are anxious to offer our guests a up to date and upscaled stay. But it's a matter of course to provide a clean room and I'm really sorry that we didn't manage this in your case. I hope that you visit us again so we can show you that we can do much better.
Since then i wish you a good time.