Review Highlights
Beautiful and fascinating place

Lovely park with several extremely beautiful spots. Unfortunately we were a bit stressed by time... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
726michaelv
Soborg, Denmark
Nice park

It's a nice big park with some very nice view, just have to make sure that the water is running... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
TrungTin L
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews hercules monument beautiful park rose garden visitor center a unesco world heritage site tram stop water display fairy tale grimm brothers lakes fountain schloss climb hill forest frankfurt german
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019

It is very hard to walk on the top of the Hercules, so it takes time, but is a wonderful area. You could also go by bus on top and down, but especially the park is wonderful not only the view from the top. The Löwenburg (castle) is another castle you will find in the park. It is a very beautiful little building!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

Common areas with investment on them. Every city should have one place like this but they don’t, so come here and enjoy it. Water and gardens, try to check the map before to know which places you want to see since the place is massive. Hercules and it’s waterfalls is a must.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I was in Kassel taking part in an international teachers refresher course. Luckily, the place for the lectures and seminars was Kassel Freie Waldorfschule, right next to the magnificent Bergpark. Our schedule was tight, but we made time for walks in the park, most memorable of which was the climb up to Hercules. We stared at about 8.p.m. when our classes finished, made it up to the statue, had a well-deserved beer at the balcony of the restaurant. By that time, it was dark, so we came down in nothing else but the moon to light our way. Unforgettable. The planning of the park is a work of a visionary.

I can't finish without two pieces of advise.

Firstly, if you favour Airbnb accommodation and fall for one of those cute garden houses, be sure you are not sensitive to mold. Most of these houses were built before or right after WW II. The house I booked was renewed on the outside and very much OK inside, but I felt a strong smell of mold as soon as I opened the door. It was unpleasant and it gave me a runny nose and red eyes.

Secondly, if you are a teacher (or know anybody who is a teacher), and you can take part in one refresher course a year, the course offered in Kassel every April is the one! never have I met nicer people, all devoted teachers, every age, from every corner of the world. The lecturers were fantastic, worked us hard, but there was never a dull moment. You have to register early enough, if you want to get on all the courses of your choice. I went there because someone recommended it to me, now I feel it my duty to the recommendation on.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Girta
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I parked up at the base near the Schloss, 7euros pays for parking and all access.
Firstly I wandered round the Schloss looking for good camera angles, then I ventured up the hill! This was mid Sunday morning at there weren't too many people so I could get the camera angles. A lot of interesting monuments and follies along the way. I gradually worked my way and there is a nice little café and snack stalls at the base of the step climb. I made my way up to the Herkules monument quite slowly getting the shots I wanted. At the top I went to the base of the monument, I did not go right to the stop this day having done enough steps!
A beer stop followed at a very nice café/restaurant underneath the monument.
By the time I worked my way down the water was flowing and the place was heaving with tourists, not so easy to get the good shots.
The water is spectacular and definitely worth the visit.
Back at the base there is another restaurant on the roadside which is worth a visit but packs out when the water finishes.
I will be back next spring when the water starts again and will get to the top of the monument. I will also try and review the eateries.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Having driven through Kassel a year before and seeing the imposing buildings in the Bergpark, we vowerd to return one day and visit it. Parking was well-organized up at the Herkules entrance, and enabled us to take the easy route – walking downward – while inspecting the various segments of this impressive site. Once at the bottom, we paid €2 each to take a mini-bus back up halfway. There we encountered the throngs of people who were walking downhill, watching the waterworks, which are shown several times a week. We didn’t pay anything to see them. However we are not so sure that they or the site itself are so great as to make it worth visiting. In fact, we were a bit disappointed, having anticipated somewhat more, although we can’t really put our finger on what.

Date of experience: September 2018