“Delicious Destination in Gelnhausen”

Altes Weinkellerchen
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Gelnhausen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mainz, Germany
“Delicious Destination in Gelnhausen”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A must go place in Gelnhausen !

I went for a family member's birthday dinner arranged here. I have to say I was extremely pleased and surprised at the level of service, taste of the food and the care taken in presentation at this restaurant.

I heard the place has a new owner / chef. I don't know this person but what I can tell from the food is that he really does care and take pleasure in making delicious food !

Our special dinner was opened with garten fresh veggies+greens. Then followed the baerlauch soup with salmon. - this was one of the best soup I have had in recent times - Super.

Our main course was a calb fillet - a wow. People generally say that Germany has below par fillet compared to USA. But this fillet was excellent and cooked just right ! Two thumbs up for this chef.

The dessert was indeed a perfect touch for a happy belly ! A assortment of house made Tiramisu, Erdbeere, 2 pastries and some fruits beautifully combined.

Ambiance: The place has a old cellar feel just like the name a cozy old castle style building lighting is as well just right.

If you are anywhere near Gelnhausen... Do not miss a dinner here. Bravo to the chef from my happy belly !

I rate food based of the 3 criteria...
►Taste - Excellent
►Technique - Very good
►Presentation - Very good

► Ambiance - Very Good
► Service - Excellent

• Visited March 2013

Grundau, Germany
“Love, love, love this place!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a very romantic place to go as a couple for any occasion, but feel free to save it for a something special!

• Visited May 2012