“Good then, still good now.”
Review of Steinernes Haus

Steinernes Haus
Ranked #1,645 of 2,563 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I have been happy to be diners at the Haus since 1987. We have never, in all that time, been disappointed. Good, but not gourmet, food and a pleasant atmosphere. A healthy mixture of locals and tourists with, often, an active interplay between the two groups. Be your own cook and enjoy a quality steak on a Lavastein.
Definitely recommended.

2  Thank Drehort

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Very good schnitzel special covered with tomatoes and gouda sauce. Friendly staff and good value. Steak on hot stones on other tables looked

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I eat many steaks all over the world, but this one is the best. Big,soft, juicy, delicious, jummy.
Restaurant is always full and I think, steak is good reason for it.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am coming to Frankfurt 4 times per year. I have been here too because of the good rate of this restaurant but it is just an average one pretty for tourist. Thera are tens of this kind of restaurant in Frankfurt where the price is 30% cheaper. Try by chance everything else.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

After many years with good memories I returned to this restaurant. As published at the restaurant's internet site ,it is suposed to be open until 23:00h. Me and my son arrived to the restaurant at 21:25h and the waiter was completely surprised to see us,and told us that they had already closed. When I claimed that the opening hours are till 23:00h he said that it is only in the winter(?!?) and now in the summer the closing time is 22:00h. So ,I said it is still open! He said that the last time to enter the restaurant is 21:00h ,in order to close it at 22:00. It is just an absurd and it is completely ridiculous. Never come back to this unfriendly restaurant!!