“Massive portions, slightly pricey”

Chicago Meatpackers
Ranked #197 of 2,509 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chicago Meatpackers was the first authentic US restaurant to open in Frankfurt almost 20 years ago and we are still the number one address for burgers, ribs steaks and more. We look forward to welcoming you!Vor fast 20 Jahren war das Chicago Meatpackers das erste authentische US amerikanische Restaurant in Frankfurt. Noch heute sind wir die erste Anlaufstelle for authentische amerikanische Burger, Ribs und Steaks. Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch!
London, United Kingdom
“Massive portions, slightly pricey”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went there with a group of friends. Saturday evening you can be sure to have many stag-do's and hen-nights there. The staff is very friendly which is a big plus. The thing letting them down is the food. I had the ribs, and they where a bit chewy. I love ribs and I often order them to try different locations. (On a quest to find the perfect ones...). My friends had mostly burgers and where happy with them.
I did not expected Frankfurt to be so pricey. I had ribs a few times here in London in similar restaurants, and they where cheaper. The portion size is huge though, but I would prefer a more managable portion size and better quality of the meat instead.
Definitely good for a group of blokes with big apetite.
As a starter we had some kind of onion-loaf, that one was very tasty!

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Not sure if was worth the walk”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Went in with an open mind. Fancied a steak.
Initally I thought as it was pretty full that I had made the right choice.
I ordered a starter which was very nice and a sirloin steak.
The steak was average didn't look that amazing.
For what it was it was overpriced. Perhaps as was in the centre of town that was the reason.
Looked forward to it all day but didn't come up to my expectation mainly because of a mediocre steak. If I go back I might try a burger.

• Visited August 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A great place, great atmospheare, great fun”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This restaurant was selected by a friend who was there before. At the end there was 20 of us having a fun dinner. This mexican/ texan restaurant has a great soul and you have to use the fingres for the propper experience. I had the wings and ribs, which were great and big buckets of mojito were just fantastic.

• Visited May 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Atmosphere/Average Food”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went here our last night in Frankfurt as it was a short walk from our hotel (Adina Apartment Hotel). The ambience is great, "warehouse" look, train theme, very "American". The service was great, very friendly, fast service, no waiting for he food. Their specialty is burgers and steak-cut fries. When the meal came it looked great - lovely presentation, however, we were disappointed to discover that the burgers are "meat patties" and not hand made. The same for the fries - a frozen product that was deep fried and over-salted. The cost of the burgers is pretty reasonable for Frankfurt - 10-13 euros.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ransclan
Frankfurt, Germany
“Overpriced wannabe sports bar”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Greasy food. Bland tasting food. Incredibly slow service (an hour between starters- some of which were forgotten- and entrees). Poorly presented food. Location itself is cool, but everything else below par.

• Visited May 2013