“Very Busy, Good Food”

Ranked #304 of 2,625 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chicago Meatpackers was the first authentic US restaurant to open in Frankfurt almost 20 years ago and we are still the number one address for burgers, ribs steaks and more. We look forward to welcoming you!Vor fast 20 Jahren war das Chicago Meatpackers das erste authentische US amerikanische Restaurant in Frankfurt. Noch heute sind wir die erste Anlaufstelle for authentische amerikanische Burger, Ribs und Steaks. Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch!
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while trying to avoid eating in the area around our hotel. We walked in and were told that without a reservation we could only sit at a cocktail table in the bar. We were tired of walking so we took them up on their offer even though half of the dining room was empty. The bartender was a nice young man who took our order. the food was quickly served and well prepared. The burgers were Great. If this place were near my house I would go back to have another burger. When we left the same tables that were empty when we entered will still sitting there empty. The dining room manager or host could stand to learn a thing or two about running a restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to Chicago Meatpackers the other evening with a couple of friends. We had to make a reservation because it was busy (it was Saturday so that is understandable). My friends both got burgers and I got the ribs.

The burgers were the pre-formed frozen looking kind that is not at all appealing. The ribs were...alright....but I would never order them again or suggest them to anyone. The fries were good that came with it, but the coleslaw not so much.

Basically, I can get a better and cheaper burger from Burgermeister, and I will continue my search for ribs elsewhere.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice selection of American style cuisine. I had the sirloin and it was cooked to order. Everything is ala carte. Reservations suggested as this place gets busy. Obviously aimed at the tourist market with menus in English only. Good service and good value.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellent drinks and service, and about the worst ribs I have ever eaten. About five times in 50 years was a meal so bad I couldn't eat it. This was number six. I asked the waitress (a wonderful waitress named Yasmine) if any American had ever ordered the ribs twice - and was assured that regular guests from the local Army base visit often for the chicken wings and ribs. The sauce was somewhat sugary sweet. The meat was absolutely so tough, with teeth, knife and possibly hammer and chisel could not remove the meat from the bones. I thought the ribs may have been re-cooked on previous evenings. I sent them back. Oddly enough, drinks and the one dinner of my date still totaled €40, which I thought was high considering she ate but a salad.

I suppose the Army could be returning just to see the waitress....

3  Thank Fluglotse1
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Go for the Ribs! they were so good, tender and greasy, as they should be! I like their fries a lot and the people I was with told me the wings were really tasty.