“Good food, good price, good quality”
Review of KISH

KISH
Ranked #340 of 2,563 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bockenheim
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I traveled to Frankfurt this week and stayed in the Bockenheim region. Bockenheim is not a bad region in Frankfurt to stay, since it is more of a student region with the Goethe University nearby. One could describe this region as "quiet, away from the big Frankfurt city mentality, while still close to everything you want to see or do". And it's a region with a good infrastructure: shops, grocery stores, restaurants, hairdressers, close stores et cetera. Now when it comes to restaurants I like to try all kinds of foods from all kinds of countries. So this time I stepped in to the Kish restaurant. It's a persian/Iranian restaurant that really does serve you "dishes from the region". I had the leg of lamb with rice, vegetables and Iranian bread slices. The meat was well coocked, all of the stuff was actually simply right-on. And the service was kind, respectful. The price itself was also very good: including drinks and everything I paid about 24 euros.

Conclusion: next time when I am in Frankfurt again, I will make sure to get back and try some more dishes in this kind, pitoresque but good quality restaurant!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Kish has an interesting concept for lunch - you take as much as you like and pay what you think you owe.
The selection of food is a little on the small side and there wasn't any hummus (apparently when they have it, it's very good) but it was very lovely. The décor is also really lovely.

Great for vegetarians.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We wanted to try Persian, as we had no experience with this cuisine. I had vegetarian, minced eggplant with a cream sauce of goats milk, family tucked into the chicken. I can recommend the chicken with cranberry sauce. The meat was juicy and tender and the sauce and basmati rice went very well together. The highlight for us was the complememtary desert. It was something from dates and almonds and it was not enough..
For the menu, its either lamb or chicken. Must say the goats milk sauce was a bit strong for me, otherwise we have no complaints,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food is very authentic and nice. So is the restaurant interior. It is filled with a lot of Persian art and decorations. Nice for dinner with friends, not recommended for business, as it is very noisy. Prices are reasonable and service is very nice.

1  Thank Rey G
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Went looking for kish resturant to have Iftar on ramadan evening, did not find it! I found instead a nother small Persian resturant called zagroos. Food was good as well as service. We tried kubida kebbab with rice, dolma, sherazi salad as well as Laban drink. All were delicious, and reasonably priced.