“Ritual of food”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The place is amazing not only thanks to the tasty food but for the ritual that is played before our eyes. Chefs stand in the empty space in the middle of the table and prepare food in front of our eyes showing great prowess as well as great acting skills. Fire bursts, knives chop, food smells.
I recommend going there not only for eating but to watch the great performance

2  Thank Dawid K

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was the first time for us to taste Teppanyaki and we absolutely loved it at Kabuki. We had a combination of seafood for starters and seafood and meat for the main course and everything was very good quality and excellently prepared. Experiencing the chefs grilling the food in front of us only added to the great experience. Furthermore all the staff in the restaurant were very kind and attentive to our every need. Would definitely go back if in Frankfurt again - there's so much more on the menu I'd love to taste!

1  Thank JensenLykke
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Did not expect to find a good teppanyaki in Frankfurt but there it is. Food quality is very good and the cooks master the technique of teppankyaki.
Price is not cheap but if you choose a good selection of meat, fish and seafood it is worth the money.
Limites choices of wine would be the weakest.
A good choice if you feel like something different to German food.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My friends and I stumbled uppon this place by accident. We felt like eating Japanese, we were passing by, the place seemed cool from the outside with just the right amount of the guests inside (enough to make you try your luck, but not packed to wait for ages).

The food is fantastic and the whole concept it just great. Basically, you sit around this large table with a hot plate on the top of it and a highly skilled cook performing art by slicing, chopping, grilling and arranging the food right infront of you.

I have a few tips, though. I can easily imagine this palce being packed on Fridays and Sundays since we found a decent crowd on Thursday evening. Therefore, one should make sure to make a reservation. Secondly, this palce would not be my first choice if I wanted to have a private meting. I had great time with my friends (a group of 6), but a business dinner or a romantic date might be better held elsewhere.
Finally, and by all means not the least important, if you have dietary restrictions, make sure you emphasize this at the very beginning. And then emphasize some more. I am a vegetarian and among a rather impressive list of dishes, there was only one starter that I would eat. Luckily, I was clearly not the first of my kind to walk in, so they had some smoked tofu filled with swiss chard, some mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts and greens. However, make sure you ask then to cook your foor before everything else. Otherwise, you'll have your vegetarian food soaking in fish or duck fat on the cooking surface. The surface is cleaned before they start cooking in the same fashion the frying pans and pots are cleaned in almost all restaurants- in other words, if you think of it too much, you'll eat only at home or exclusively vegetarian places. If you, however, are a vegetarian on moral grounds (so you cannot or do not want to watch the meat and fish being prepared right infront of you) or do not eat certain types of meat, like pork, for religious reasons, you might want to avoid this place.

Still, a great place to visit.

2  Thank UnbiasedChick
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunchtime visit here.

Hadn't had the opportunity to experience this kind of Japanese food, but was pleasantly surprised by the service, skillful and friendly chef, and the food.

the latter, while being copious, was also delicious. Both the teriyaki chicken and the gyotetsu seafood variety were excellent. If there was anything that struck us slightly negatively, it was how similar both dishes tasted...

Will test this more extensively for dinner with a greater variety of different dishes.

1  Thank Mathias D