“Mexican near the Messe”

Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Manhasset, New York
“Mexican near the Messe”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Decent little Mexican joint near the Messe. Simple mexican fare with a german flair. Loud and busy as expected, but not too much of either.

Visited January 2014

Frankfurt, Germany
“" definately book a table " , great food, cocktails & service.”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Thank goodness we'd booked a table, my wife thought that if we get there about 6.15pm we'd get a table for 4 without a reservation - no way! We we in time for 'happy hour' - first round was a Mai Tai,Pettrifier,Long Island Ice Tea and a Mojito all served by a friendly waitress. Starter & main course was also taken by a friendly waiter. As mentioned by other visitors the seating arrangements ( table & chairs ) are pretty tight ( a bit like sardines ) but once the food arrived all was forgotten - the 4 of us certainly enjoyed the different dishes that we'd ordered complimented the 'well mixed' cocktails. Still ' happy hour ' time - 2nd round included ' Our Mai Tai's ' very tasty!
By 8pm the place was full - packed out and pretty loud to be honest. We'll be going back again - we loved the food & the ' happy hour ' cocktails - don't forget - always reserve a table !

• Visited January 2014
London
“Reserve a table or get in early”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The fajitas we had were delicious. It was very busy - in the run-up to Christmas that's to be expected. We were very lucky that we arrived early enough to snare a table.

Although we'd eaten, I gazed enviously at the other tables' fare. A better complement might have been four people, to allow sharing of dishes. However, it can get noisy when it's busy, larger tables could make conversation difficult.

Well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't go again”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went on a Monday night and it was PACKED. We managed to get a table for two near the doors which was nice because of the cool air but sadly not so nice because of the cigarette smoke carried over to us on that same air.

Our waitress was really nice but run off her feet. I felt pretty bad for her. It just seemed like someone had called in sick or something because it can't be normal to have a place so busy with so few staff.

My boyfriend had the vegetarian wrap of some sort and I had the vegetarian fajitas. The food was ok; the tortillas seemed to be hand/home made but the fillings were just average.

It took such a long time for things to come to us, and the table was way too small for both of our meals. I ended up burning my hand on the hot pan because there was just not enough room there. I wouldn't go there again but it was an ok meal.

• Visited September 2013
Schmitten, Germany
“Great meal - make sure you get a good table.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great evening here. As other reviewers have noted, the made-at-the-table guacamole is great. One portion as a starter was plenty for three of us, together with the chips it comes with and an extra order of salsa, which comes warm - a nice touch. My fajitas (chicken and shrimp) were great, though perhaps slightly too expensive at about 17 EUR. The others had enchiladas of different kinds, which they also liked, and the portions were generous. Our only complaint was that, although the restaurant was half empty at this time (early on a Monday evening) we were seated right next to a couple with a baby. We were so close that we had to navigate around the baby seat on the floor to get to ours, yet there were plenty of other tables in the restaurant empty. Although the baby was not crying, he/she was also very happily vocal, and as he was being held by the person seated directly behind me, perhaps 18 inches from me, this meant that my party could not talk to each other. Finally after ten minutes we asked to move, and this was done happily and quickly. I do wonder, though, why not seat us elsewhere at the start? It would have been more comfortable for us and for the other couple. Perhaps the restaurant was trying to fill the window tables to give an impression of being full?

• Visited July 2013