“Food was not tasty and lacked spices” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Neighborhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Stuttgart, Germany
“Food was not tasty and lacked spices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I always go to the Tandoori Taj in Kaisersstrasse when I am in Frankfurt. I am a Sri Lankan who knows what a good curry should taste like and live in Germany (Stuttgart). The waiter was extremely nice and friendly. My wife and I ordered a Fish Pakora and Pappadams for starters. The Fish Pakora was very average. Then for the main meal I ordered a Lamb Rhogan Josh and asked for it to be made spicy. My wife ordered the Indigo Mix Sizzler. The lamb meat quality in the Rogan Josh was very good but the curry was virtually tasteless. It was supposed to have been made with ginger etc. but there was not a hint of ginger or other spices that should have been used. We also ordered some dhal as a side dish which was good. My wife said she did not want chicken with the Indigo Mix Sizzler and said she would have lamb or fish in place of the chicken. We got 2 extra Lamb Seekh Kebabs instead of the chicken. The Lamb Seekh Kebab was very dry. It had either been overcooked or precooked and reheated. I had a Keema Nan which was good. Then the rice which was brought was very dry and I also felt that it had not been freshly prepared. My wife has a cheese naan which was also not great. I had 2 Kingfishers. The bill came to 65€. I tried this restaurant as it seemed to have good write ups. I would much rather pay 90 € and eat at the Tandoori Taj. It was a mistake and I shall never eat here again.

• Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
“Indigood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

First of all, thank you to the owner opening up the kitchen/restaurant for us after closing hours - and let us enjoy good indian cuisine in a relaxing athmosphere, for nearly an hour into the next morning.
I was there with four other for a businessdinner. Food was perfectly OK and far beyond what we could expect from a closed kitchen. What I really liked was the friendliness. Interior was nice too with not too many elephants. I really love white clean tablecloths, linen napkins, clean glasses and cutlery. Next time in Frankfurt I will visit Indigo within ordinary opening hours.

“Good value for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a good and relaxing Friday lunch there!!
It's about 1/3 or 1/2 full by the time we got in!!
The interior is filled with the color Indigo!! Even the candles!! :)
Very Cool!!
Both the Fish Curry and Paneer Curry were very nice!!
Wine by glass is quite good value as well ^ ^

• Visited April 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Indigo - Indian Restaurant, Frankfurt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food, service is good. However the seats and next table can be very close and sometimes discomforting when the restaurant is full. Also expect a heavy bill and avoid if you are hosting a bunch of people as could burn a hole in the pocket.

Visited January 2014
Cologne, Germany
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Have not tried too many Indian restaurants in FFM. However, discovering indigo meant see found the right place. We have been there twice, and have loved the personal attention of the owner.
The food is as close as it could be, the dal makhni and paneer was perfect yesterday and the prices are average.
This is a must recommend place for the value offered and of course the flavors.