“Good food and Ambience”

Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Frankfurt, Germany
“Good food and Ambience”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Holbeins have recently acquired a new head chef and the food has improved significantly !
Some great sushi now available plus some Thai dishes along with the more traditional.
I had the some Thai chicken curry, followed by the "New York Strip" burgers washed down
with a superb bottle of Numanthea from Toro.
Service as it has I have always found it very good and friendly. The restaurant is nice both
inside and out (weather permitting) Saturdays has live music too !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pad_11

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Itala, Italy
“Really a good restaurant”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I asket to the concierge of the hotel where I stayed last week for a restaurant, and he suggested me HOLBEIN'S. What can I say? Really a GOOD restaurant, really a GOOD choice.
Nice location, delicious food and amazing atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Zighy_10
Baiona, España
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic Chic”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place, very romantic.
The food is excellent.
Bit expensive, and very expensive if you drink wine.
I recomend this restaurant if you are in Frankfurt and would like a nice experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tete550
Columbus, Ohio
“Food / Drinks overpriced for taste..”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The atmosphere is nice but nothing out of the ordinary. The wine drinks are quite expensive i believe a .1 or .2 cl shot will cost you between 7-9 euro. So you are better off getting a bottle between 32-65 euro if you are a wine drinker. The sushi was quite good 6 pieces cost us 15.00 euro and the sushi circle is better. I ordered A rack of lamb which cost me 38.00 and got 4 little pieces of meat with some rice that my newborn baby could eat. And my fiance got a steak which was okay. Overall the atmosphere is nice, we had to call our waiter every time we needed our wine glasses filled. We would have filled our glasses ourselves but it was far from us for some reason ?? Overall if you are looking for a nice restaurant to eat or a special occasion this is a nice place. However the Drinks and Food are okay.

• Visited April 2013
“What a perfect setting”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

What a perfect setting for a restaurant, right in a beautiful museum. The space was wonderful with high ceilings and elegant modern decor. But that is not where the positive atmospherics end. The food was equally impressive. I started with scallops, perfectly cooked but sliced in a criss cross I had never seen before, while salty on their own, when combined with the other ingredients on the plate, the flavours combined wonderfully. My main was house made spaghetti with a vegetable sauce. Again the pasta was perfectly cooked, al dente, with that little bit of firmness. Desert was equally delicious and all the matching wines were also impressive. Service was brilliant!

Visited April 2013