“A real Italian oasis in the center of Frankfurt.”
Review of Die Leiter

Die Leiter
Ranked #324 of 2,643 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I spent a incredible time in this restaurant. First time I visited in this Ianuary2013 . I like it but generaly I prefer to visit to time a place in order to understand it. For my plesant surprise also secund time was a spectacol. Incredibile good food, fresh and teasty following by a rich colection of wines. The staff is operativ and porfessional and offer a great service. From an " ex-pat" restaurant is a nice asset to arrived to offer aitalian atmosfer in the middle of a German Town. I will recame with great plesure.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate the filet steak alexander, which was cubed and served in a tasty sauce. I had spatzle, fried! I have never had it fried before, and it was delicious, not greasy at all. My wife had fried potatoes which were also good.
The wine list is extensive, with Italian wines from many different provinces to choose from.
Dessert was also excellent.
Most of the other guests appeared to be German business people, and the restaurant was full, a good sign.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Consistent great international cuisine with an imaginative twist, outstanding service and a good value at lunch. A few German dishes of outstanding quality ( calf, not pork, Wiener schnitzel!). The best if you want a quite place to meet for business but also unpretentious and intimate enough if you want to meet with friends. I have been coming for years: when I lived in Frankfurt at least once a week and now if I go to Frankfurt I could not imagine not eating at Die Leiter. Open late also perfect after the opera or concert. Service always friendly and flexible, will accommodate wishes if possible. If you do not want to meet real Frankfurter ( Posh housewives, fmaily with kids as well as bankers, advertisement gurus and lawyers) avoid!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

So often guidebooks send you to high end restaurants for good cuisine that are starchy and overwrought and lacking in fun. Die Leiter has wonderful food and lots of charm. We ate there on a lovely night, sat outside and had a delicious meal. We started with Marinated Salmon with an amazing Potato Pancake and then moved on to lovely, delicate Dover Sole. A great evening!

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have eaten at Die Leiter perhaps 10 times while visiting Frankfurt. It is consistently good, full of local businessmen who enjoy good food and personal service. I recently had the goose (pre Christmas) and it was the best I had during my 2 weeks in Europe. Certainly better than equally priced goose enjoyed in Vienna. As to atmosphere, this is not the place to go. It is cramped and without anything to distinguish if from restaurants in other cities.