Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center
Hotel Apollo(Frankfurt)
Townhouse Hotel(Frankfurt)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationsingle roomsmall balconybudget hotelwe've stayedlocation is greatcontinental breakfastspent nightsrestaurants and shopsstaff at receptionrooms are bigdecent sizetop floorstreet noisecentral locations bahndecent hotel
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Frankfurt City Leonardo for 2 nights while travelling through Europe. We'd used this chain prior in Berlin.

The hotel was very reasonably priced and good value for money. The staff were very welcoming, we were given a free bottle of German bubbly as we were celebrating our 1 year anniversary while travelling. The breakfast was very good for the price of the hotel.

Location wise, as other reviewers have stated, it's very close to the Hautbanhof (ideal for early trains as we had) but it is also a little rough. Your fine walking around but it's typical of a rail way station area. I wouldn't recommend walking two steers away, Taunus Strasse the RLD (where the Eros Centres are), unless that's your thing. It's no Amsterdam, in fact it's more like Little Istanbul. Slimy would be the best word. Your fine if you walk into town on either Kaiserstrasse or Munchener Strasse. Also the trams run directly outside the hotel which we used throughout our stay.

Negative points. It's very noisy on the front, I'd recommend requesting a rear facing room or a room on a high floor (as we had) when facing the street.

Other than that the Leonardo is fine for a couple of nights, good staff, great breakfast and for easy access to the station. I'd return for those reasons!

• Stayed: July 2013
LeonardoHotelsFra, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Jay T,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, your room and the hotel's location within the City Centre of Frankfurt. It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have enjoyed our Hotel.

We are looking forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Team Leonardo Frankfurt

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time. Everything was good, again. A nice location - near to the river to European Central Bank, city center, right next to the Hauptbahnof. It's a non smoking hotel but if you ask for a yard facing room, those have balconies where is possible to smoke outside the room - that was a nice surprise for my boyfriend who smokes even though we prefer non smoking rooms.
We've had superior room so I can't tell how does the standard double look like.

Cons: we've got a room that had no warm water this time! ...so we couldn't have a shower in ice cold water (in July) but I was said it happens to one in 100 guests - who knows :) - anyway we like this hotel so far and hope they solve this problem with hot water.
Breakfast cost - 15 euro

Room Tip: for smokers - ask for a yard facing room that has balcony you can smoke on. book superior room - we were satisfied
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked this hotel as a last minute when I arrived at the train station. Room was a little dated and a couple of the bathroom fixtures where loose, but overall its a very comfortable quiet room. Staff where very good and the sleep quality excellent. I would have stayed longer had I not already booked other nights elsewhere. Only let down was no free wifi, which I think should almost be a standard. I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pro:
Super cheap, only Eur59/night.
Location is excellent in city center, just 1min walk to metro station and Frankfurt central train station. All major scenic spots are on 15min walking distance. close to riverbank
Staffs are very nice and helpful patient to answer all questions and gave lots of tips&advice.
Room is clean.
WIFI is charged Eur15/day (we didn't use at all). the PC at reception does not work well very slow.
no fridge in the room and we have to store our yogurt at hotel kitchen.
there might be some beggar nearby. be careful if you go out at night.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on 1F (a bit noise close to st) and 7F (no elevator to 7F, need to walk from 6F to 7F on steps.)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We chose this hotel for it's close proximity to the main train station and for the price. We had an early-ish train one morning so being so close to the station was very handy and as for the price, well it was cheaper for us to stay at this hotel than most of the hostels that we stayed in during our month long stay in Europe. I was a bit wary after reading some of the reviews on here but we need not have worried. Our stay was a very positive one. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 7th floor. (Note that the elevator only goes to the 6th floor. This was not a problem for us but may be for some.) It did not overlook the street so was very quiet. We had a great nights sleep. The room was actually fairly big. It was clean with modern furnishings. Double bed which was comfortable, wardrobe and hanging space, desk, chair, phone, tv, a small safe, ensuite, kettle with tea and coffee, and a small balcony. There was also an A-Z help directory folder in the room however it was missing half the alphabet... The bathroom was clean and a very decent size. There was a bath with a shower attachment above. Best shower I had all trip. The breakfast was well organised and plentiful. Being close to the train station was great however the streets around the hotel are some what dodgy even during the daytime. We felt perfectly safe but it just didn't have a nice feel. I wouldn't be walking around there at nighttime though. Also there is a tram that runs outside the hotel and I could imagine that that would be quite noisy for those with a room facing the street... We would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family