“Scary situation - glad we were leaving”
Review of Hotel Everest

Hotel Everest
Ranked #219 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed February 9, 2011

So I thought I better write my review to warn people not to stay here.
When we first came up to the hotel after walking from the station with our bags .........I groaned (I think out loud) - the hotel literally looked like a dive. So we thought don't judge a book by its cover maybe it will be ok.
Suprisingly the rooms are large and clean, even though they are slightly dated. This is probably one of the only positives of the Hotel.
The Negatives however outway staying here:
The area always had people hanging around to about 10pm at night drinking at a Bar that seemed to be a shopfront style, that sold the paper and beer. One night cops actually were there clearing these groups of people. We did not feel comfortable once it was dark to walk around.
The Breakfast room which was separate from the hotel was bizzare in that it seemed that hotel guests weren't actually eating there but locals from around the area. They were too familiar with staff who often ignored you. In saying that the breakfast was good. Sausages, eggs etc.
The reason why I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAY HERE was because of our last night: We had gone to bed early due to leaving for Australia the next day. At about 12.30am I heard noise in the hallway and then some-one turning our door handle. Thankfully i had left the key in the door as it was a deadlock so it wasn't able to be opened. We yelled at them to go away and then in English he said i need to find out about the WIFI (we had a laptop and had actually given a laptop bag to the reception guy that day after buying a new one). He then after yelling at him pretended to go away, I had my hand on the door knob and he was actually on the other side pulling it down waiting for us to open up and check who had been there. THIS FREAKED ME OUT...........we rang reception and he came up- but off course they were gone - there is a back entrance to this place as well as the front, from a side alley. He tried to tell us that the door was locked etc. Even though it may not be the case, i felt the hotel may have even had something to do with this as they put us in a certain room that when they were the front reception girl seemed suprised and kept repeating that he wanted to put us in there. The room was also of in its own corridor with not other rooms next to it. This too had happened at the hotel we had just left but was some-one drunk who knew how to get in the rooms. This though felt like we were definitely going to be robbed. I was glad to leave the next morning. Next time we will make sure we either use 3 stars and above or security peepholes. We are coming back to Germany as we love it there, just a pity bout these two hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2010

We had booked at Everest hotel through www.ratestogo.com
After ten days and since the hotel was always answering to our phones as we never booked at it, ratestogo.com helpdesk called us and told us Everest had canceled the reservation.

Apparently at end of January 2010 there are three exhibitions in Frankurt that boosted hotel prices.
The Everest management thought would be appropriate to cancel all "cheap" bookings and make a fortune.
Thank God we insisted on confirming the booking, otherwise we would be in Frankfurt on prime time with no hotel for us and our kids.

Avoid it, it's totally unreliable

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed September 4, 2009

great little place, very basic but fine for short stay, rooms are clean, pillows very comfortable and a wonderful buffet breakfast with LOTS to choose from in the morning, also free wifi which is extremely handy. very close to train station so extremely convenient too, bus from ryan air just around the corner. gave this hotel a huge thumbs up, it was convenient, practical and most importantly cheap!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2008

We needed an inexpensive place to stay not too far from the main train station. This hotel is in a quiet area - but it is about 20 minutes walk from the train station and a little hard to find. Our room (for 2 adults and 2 teenagers) was a decent size with a small balcony at the front of the hotel. Adequate for the price and relatively clean - the bathroom was fine. The restaurant is in the back yard of the hotel - it was fine - decent breakfast. If you're looking for a hotel close to restaurants and attractions, this is not it - but it was an OK choice for our last night before we headed home the next day.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I have stayed at the everest a couple of times and i have always been treated and served well. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and there is a daily maidservice.
I am in Frankfurt every couple of weeks and although this hotel is a 2 minute walk away from the main station, it is situated in a 10mph zone and therefore very quiet. Now, I do travel a lot and I have been to many hotels all over the world, so, I do know a bit about roomsizes...the rooms that I lived in were definitely larger than the most hotelrooms I have been in. The hotel has recently been redecorated and look bright and nice. The Breakfast is rather simple and consists of rolls, different breads , eggs and sausages, cold meats and chhese and cereals.

The prices for the rooms are certainly good and I would always go back into this hotel as I have never had any complains. Free wifi does work fine, small tv as well and the balcony is nice as well.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I checked into the Everest Hotel 4 hours ago. I checked out of the Everest Hotel 2 hours ago. Here's what I found out.

The pictures do not represent the hotel at all. I booked a "twin bed" room believing that I would receive a room like those in the pictures. When I arrived I was told my room was in the "back house". Turns out this is a separate building behind the main one. The moment I went into the room, I noticed something was missing. The toilet. Yep, everyone who stays in the "back house" gets to share a hallway bathroom. This was unacceptable for me. Now, I'm no stranger to traveling in Europe, and I know that bathroom sharing isn't such a big deal for many here, but at least the hotel description includes this feature. Not so for the Everest. I would have never booked the place if I new the bathroom was down the (very dark) hall. Oh, and the free wireless internet? Not in the "back house". Nope, you can barely get a signal in the main building. Again, having online access is important to me, so the free wireless internet was a big draw. Too bad it didn't exist. The room I was booked into was clean - I'll give them that. Problem is, the room was smaller than most European rooms (and they're already small). And one last thing - the back house is made of cinderblock, so forget about a cell phone signal inside the room. No dice.

This is why I spent less than 2 hours at the Everest Hotel. When you book a room, be sure to ask them if you'll be in the "back house". If you are, cancel immediately.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Finklebonker
Reviewed August 16, 2007

We were staying at hotel Everest twice in July 2006, using Frankfurt as a transit airport crossing from Russia to Canada and visiting Paris on the way so we needed a place for a one night stays before and after Paris. Frankfurt airpost is located very close to the Hauptbanhoff - the main rail station, it is 15 min local train ride so we choose to stay in town instead of staying in the airport area. I booked this hotel via HRS.de web-site, there were almost no info on the tripadvisor but the price was good (55 Euro incl. breakfast) so we decided to give it a try. We were completely satisfied with the choice - the hotel is located very close to the station if you go along the fence by the right side when you arrive there. The hotel is small, new - the building is not new but it's part was renovated, clean, rooms are spacious, bathrooms are modern and very clean, linens are cotton, the breakfast is very good, quality cold cuts, fruit salat, bakery, boiled eggs, juices, yogurts, cereals etc. The price includes free wireless internet and it worked fine. Admission desk is 24/7 although you need to ring after hours. There is a good childrens playground right outside of the hotel doors. Not a single complain. Best rooms are on the last floor - the only problem is that the elevator doesn't go up there, only up to one fllor before so you have to carry you laggage one floor by hands. But the compensation is that the rooms are actually one bedroom appartments with the door in between the bedroom and a small living room and a window that opens to the roof up and it is a fun to see the area from up there.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family