See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We had booked at Everest hotel through www.ratestogo.com
After ten days and since the hotel was always answering to our phones as we never booked at it, ratestogo.com helpdesk called us and told us Everest had canceled the reservation.

Apparently at end of January 2010 there are three exhibitions in Frankurt that boosted hotel prices.
The Everest management thought would be appropriate to cancel all "cheap" bookings and make a fortune.
Thank God we insisted on confirming the booking, otherwise we would be in Frankfurt on prime time with no hotel for us and our kids.

Avoid it, it's totally unreliable

Date of stay: January 2010
Reviewed September 4, 2009

great little place, very basic but fine for short stay, rooms are clean, pillows very comfortable and a wonderful buffet breakfast with LOTS to choose from in the morning, also free wifi which is extremely handy. very close to train station so extremely convenient too, bus from ryan air just around the corner. gave this hotel a huge thumbs up, it was convenient, practical and most importantly cheap!!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2008

We needed an inexpensive place to stay not too far from the main train station. This hotel is in a quiet area - but it is about 20 minutes walk from the train station and a little hard to find. Our room (for 2 adults and 2 teenagers) was a decent size with a small balcony at the front of the hotel. Adequate for the price and relatively clean - the bathroom was fine. The restaurant is in the back yard of the hotel - it was fine - decent breakfast. If you're looking for a hotel close to restaurants and attractions, this is not it - but it was an OK choice for our last night before we headed home the next day.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I have stayed at the everest a couple of times and i have always been treated and served well. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and there is a daily maidservice.
I am in Frankfurt every couple of weeks and although this hotel is a 2 minute walk away from the main station, it is situated in a 10mph zone and therefore very quiet. Now, I do travel a lot and I have been to many hotels all over the world, so, I do know a bit about roomsizes...the rooms that I lived in were definitely larger than the most hotelrooms I have been in. The hotel has recently been redecorated and look bright and nice. The Breakfast is rather simple and consists of rolls, different breads , eggs and sausages, cold meats and chhese and cereals.

The prices for the rooms are certainly good and I would always go back into this hotel as I have never had any complains. Free wifi does work fine, small tv as well and the balcony is nice as well.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I checked into the Everest Hotel 4 hours ago. I checked out of the Everest Hotel 2 hours ago. Here's what I found out.

The pictures do not represent the hotel at all. I booked a "twin bed" room believing that I would receive a room like those in the pictures. When I arrived I was told my room was in the "back house". Turns out this is a separate building behind the main one. The moment I went into the room, I noticed something was missing. The toilet. Yep, everyone who stays in the "back house" gets to share a hallway bathroom. This was unacceptable for me. Now, I'm no stranger to traveling in Europe, and I know that bathroom sharing isn't such a big deal for many here, but at least the hotel description includes this feature. Not so for the Everest. I would have never booked the place if I new the bathroom was down the (very dark) hall. Oh, and the free wireless internet? Not in the "back house". Nope, you can barely get a signal in the main building. Again, having online access is important to me, so the free wireless internet was a big draw. Too bad it didn't exist. The room I was booked into was clean - I'll give them that. Problem is, the room was smaller than most European rooms (and they're already small). And one last thing - the back house is made of cinderblock, so forget about a cell phone signal inside the room. No dice.

This is why I spent less than 2 hours at the Everest Hotel. When you book a room, be sure to ask them if you'll be in the "back house". If you are, cancel immediately.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Bill N